Family Time Pt.2

Quick note: If I had a face claim for Devon, it would be that one black edit of Tanaka from Haikyuu smiling or that other black edit of Gojo if Devon had longer hair.:) ifykyk

He was interrupted by screams.

You jumped, the spatula in your hands falling to the ground.

"Shit!" you both cursed. You ran out through the back door, Devon following carefully. Ayanna had woken up from the screaming, crying loudly.

You bumped into Uncle Jerry, apologizing profusely as you tried to get to the scream's source.

It was coming from the bouncy castle in the backyard

And it was no longer on the ground.

The yellow and red castle hovered a few meters above the gathered crowd of Maya's relatives. It was steadily rising.

"Shit! Kya! Oliver! Danny!"

"Here!" Oliver's voice shouted. Your head swiveled, sighing in relief to see Oliver. You embraced him quickly.

But you noticed the other two missing kids. "Where's Kya and Daniel?"

Oliver's hand shakily pointed up, and you knew then.

"In the bouncy castle."

Shit.

The castle made a concerning noise, like rubber against a wall, and you looked up to see the castle flying higher than ever. The blower was dangerously close to slipping out of the slot and falling, and it would cause the castle to deflate.

Fuck.

You needed to act quickly. 

"Stay here sweetheart, I'm gonna go get your sister and cousin." You kissed his forehead, nudging him toward Mrs. Jackson. She gave you a worried look, and you nodded. 

You fell into hero mode. You ran toward the castle, thoughts flooding your mind.

I don't know why it's floating. Maybe Daniel's quirk?

But his quirk isn't something that makes him fly.  

Your eyes widen at the thought. Is it Kya?

You stood under the castle, thoughts running a mile a minute.

"Wait!" Devon called out, out of breath. You turned back, remembering he was with you. Ayanna wasn't in his arms anymore, a distant aunt you couldn't see holding her.  "Let me help!"

You didn't answer, analyzing the area quickly. The field was clear, except for the oak tree far from there.  

"Alright. Hold on."

You stomped carefully, feeling the earth under you shake. Devon yelped at the rise of the ground, holding onto you at the abrupt movement. You brought yourselves right in front of the castle flap. 

"You're strong, right? I need to sit on your shoulders."

"Why?"

"Cause this thing isn't on stable ground, so I can't trust it."

He nodded, getting down low. You sat carefully on his shoulders, your thighs pillowing his ears. "Don't get up too fast else we'll be dead."

He grumbled under his breath, grunting under your weight. (It doesn't matter how much you weigh, this man can pick you up without issue. Don't worry about it)

"Be careful Niecy!" Maya's mother shouted up at you. You didn't say anything, focusing on not disrupting the careful balance of the bouncy castle, the earthly platform, and Devon.