Understandings

You ambled down to the basement, head-bopping to (Favorite song) when you noticed the other figure in the basement. It was Midoriya, and it seemed he was doing an intense workout.

He was punching the newly installed punching bag you'd bought, and he was going hard. It was almost concerning how hard he was working. Which was dangerous since he didn't have a spotter. His body started to glow a bright green, and he punched the bag so hard that it hit the ceiling. A crack formed in the ceiling from the force. He was breathing hard, sweat trickling down his bare chest and back. You stared in concern. What could have him so upset? You approached slowly, making your presence known.

"Hey," you greet, surprisingly soft.

He tensed, straightening up before turning around.

"I'll leave," he said shortly. Your eyebrows furrowed with how short he was. You were right, something was wrong.

"Could you stay for a minute?" you could see him start to make an excuse.

"I just need some help," you added. 

Midoriya sighed. He wanted to process what he was feeling on his own, but with how you looked to him for help, he couldn't say no.

"Alright. What first?"

So now Midoriya was holding the punching bag as you wrapped your hands carefully with bandages. You punched, getting into the new routine Arsenal suggested for you.

"So," you started, kicking on the side of the bag. "Is there a reason why you were about to demolish my roof?"

Midoriya looked away, grunting at the force of your kicks. They were probably stronger than Iida's.

"Nothing."

"Mm."

"I'm serious," he defended, glaring at you. 

You weren't surprised he was being defensive. You didn't expect it to be towards you though. 

"I'm sure you are. But when you almost break something I just bought, it has to be something."

He stayed silent, tightening his grip on the bag.

"Alright. It is something," he finally admitted.

You nodded, already knowing. "Would you like to explain while we stretch?"

He nodded. He followed you through some stretches, groaning at the release of the tension in his muscles. While he did so, you couldn't help your lingering stare. He was ripped.

Midoriya's biceps flexed as he reached for his toes. His thighs and calves were beefy and clenched at each strong pull. He was very flexible. 

Your face felt hot as you stared. Your eyes trailed over his body, noticing the pink scars that marred his tanned skin. There were scars everywhere: a big burn on his shoulder, and smaller ones all over his biceps and back. Others littered his hands and legs. You were confused. How could someone have so many? He was only what? 25? 26? It didn't make sense to you. A deep line appeared between your brows, and Midoriya called you out on it.

"Are you alright?"

"Huh?" you broke from your train of thought. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'll tell you later. Now, what's wrong?"

Midoriya sighed, bringing his knees to his chest. "I saw something today."

You hummed.

"I saw Kirishima and Kacchan talking, hanging out. As if it was easy."

"Who's Kacchan?" These nicknames were killing you. You couldn't keep up.

"Bakugo."

You hummed, realizing something. Midoriya mentioned that they were childhood 'friends'. But from what you'd gathered, Bakugo barely tolerated Midoriya. And not in a playful way. From what you learned from the other heroes, they had a serious rivalry going on and wasn't stopping anytime soon.