Chapter Twenty Nine

Caitlin's POV

Driving around Vegas made me realize how different it was when compared to my small town in Arizona and my recent home in Chicago. It was like an artificial city built up in the desert. The hotels, which had the largest number of rooms, were lined up row by row in almost every street. The casinos cascaded all around the city, causing nothing but bright lights to shine in front of me as we wandered down the street. It could be described as a Disneyland for adults because so much of it revolved around fantasy including the buildings themselves.

I enjoyed every minute of the adventure as Justin and I parked the car and began walking in the streets of the city. We were out for around 2 hours and even though my legs felt numb from the walking, I didn't want to stop. The city was so big and so extravagant that I wanted to be surrounded in the atmosphere for as long as possible.

"How do you like it so far?" Justin asked me as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"I really, really like it. I'm still not used to the weather though, it's really freaking hot." I said as I felt my hair becoming frizzy from the humidity.

He chuckled as we crossed the street. "You'll get used to it. Anyways, you want to head back now? I'm exhausted."

"Yes please, my legs feel like jelly."

We made it back to Justin's house, which was a long ass drive, and decided to watch a movie in his living room. Pattie was making something for us in the kitchen and I tried asking for help but I guessed she really enjoyed cooking. I don't blame her though because if I had a kitchen that nice and big, I'd cook in it everyday.

"Dinner's ready!" she called for us as she set the last tray in the center of the dinner table. I took a seat next to Justin and his mum sat across from us. My mouth was watering as the aroma of the food came to my senses.

"Do you like chicken?" Pattie asked as she looked at me.

"I love it."

After thirty minutes of talking and eating, I decided to go upstairs and change into something more comfortable. I knew the jet lag would kick in soon so I didn't want to be bothered by getting up to change later.

"Babe, could you tell me where your room is? I want to change." I said to Justin as we finished putting the plates away.

"I put your bags on the second room on the left," he replied as he closed the dishwasher.

I nodded and began heading up the stairs but stopped midway when I saw pictures of Justin, his brother and Pattie all over the wall. They were all beautifully framed and each had a different setting. I saw one that was taken in the park and another one that was taken at a kids birthday party. All of them were filled with pure happiness and bliss, as if they didn't even know that there was somebody taking pictures of them in the first place. They were in their own little world and it made me feel glad that Justin had a family that loved him so much, even though his dad practically bailed on him.

"Do you like them?" I heard a voice say from downstairs.

I turned around and realized it was Pattie. "I love them. This one's my favorite," I said as I pointed to a picture of Justin and Dylan playing in a sandbox.

"I like that one too" she giggled. "Please make yourself at home, okay? You're going to be here for a while."

I thanked her before continuing up the stairs and into the room Justin told me to go to. I opened the door and my eyes began to wander around. The large walls were painted grey and light blue, with a matching bed piece. It didn't look like a room that Justin grew up in because there was no sight of childhood memories like a stuffed animal or posters in it. It was just a modern room that you'd usually find in a five star hotel, which wasn't surprising since Justin's family could afford shit like that.