Chapter Forty Four

REMEMBER TO MESSAGE ME OR COMMENT A QUESTION FOR MY Q&A!! THANK YOU MY LOVES.

Justin's POV

I woke up with the usual pain on the side of my head. I knew I was hung over due to the excessive drinking but everything went blank after that. I had no idea how I ended up back in Cait's bed. From so much alcohol I consumed, I didn't even expect to come back to her when I was drunk. But I did anyway because even when I was under the influence, she was the only one on my mind.

The sun wasn't up yet as I looked out the window. But as I turned to the other side of the bed, I didn't spot her petite body next to me. Instead, it was empty. "Cait?" I called out as I waited for a reply. I stroked my hair in confusion as I looked around. "Cait!" I yelled louder but I got no response. I cursed under my breath as I pushed the covers away from me and got out of the bed.

Just before I could leave the room, I noticed something under me. It was her bucket list. I bent down to pick it up and my heart sank as I realized the last sentence was crossed out aggressively with a black marker. Find my prince charming.

Suddenly, a pang of guilt hit my chest. I had no memory of what happened but I knew damn well that I fucked up. I let out a sigh as I folded up the bucket list and shoved it into the pocket of my jeans. I looked into the mirror that was hung on Cait's bedroom wall and almost got struck back by the reflection. I was disappointed.

I didn't like the person standing in front of me. I didn't like the fact that I depended on alcohol, once again, to make me forget about my problems. The nightmares were bad and the way Cait was acting was worse so me being the vulnerable and stupid person I was, I ran to a liquor store to make my feelings numb.

I let out a sigh as I decided to go look for her. I quickly left her apartment and headed downstairs to the lobby. I pulled out my car keys which I found in my back pocket and began to search for my car. Finally, I found my black Audi safely parked without a scratch. I sat inside and took a deep breath.

Caitlin was gone and I had no idea what I did for that to happen. I tried my best to remember what occurred after I took that last sip of alcohol but there was no use, not one memory came back to me. I groaned as I pulled out my phone and realized I got six missed calls from a number I had never seen before in my life. I decided to call back, not caring that it was 3 AM.

"Hello?" I heard a girl answer from the other end. I hoped it would be Caitlin but the pain in my chest hurt a little more when I realized it wasn't.

"Um, hey, this is Justin. You called me a few hours ago." I informed as I patiently waited for a response.

"Hey, it's Ronnie, Caitlin's friend. She called me saying that you were drunk and she wanted to crash at my place but I couldn't hear anything after that. I think something happened to her."

I began to breathe heavily again as I listened to her words. "W-what happened?" I asked.

"I don't know but you need to find out quick. I heard her screaming and then I think her phone fell."

I clenched my jaw as I tightened the grip on my phone. "Screaming?" I gritted my teeth before speaking. "Alright, thank you for telling me." Without saying anything else, I hung up and tossed the phone on the floorboard of my car. I was furious. I had messed up and now she was gone. I let her slip away from me.

I took another deep breath as I rested my forehead on the wheel of my car. I decided to stay calm because if I had let my anger get to me, I knew there would be no way of finding her. After relaxing my nerves, I stepped out of my car and began to look for her phone. It was still dark outside but I managed to find it on the ground with the corner cracked slightly. I unlocked it and looked through her history. She got eighteen missed calls from Ronnie at around 2 AM, which meant it had been only one hour since her disappearance. I still have time, I thought.