Chapter Forty One

I haven't written in Justin's POV for a while so here you go :)

VOTING FOR THE 2015 WATTYS HAS OFFICIALLY OPENED SO IF YOU LIKE THIS FANFIC PLEASE VOTE FOR IT TO WIN. THIS IS MY FIRST STORY THOUGH SO EVEN IF IT GOT ONLY TEN VOTES, I'D STILL APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH.

Justin's POV

"Alright guys, I'm heading out now," I called as I picked up my leather jacket that was carelessly tossed on Ryan's chair.

"Woah woah, I thought you were going to stay for some beers." He exclaimed as he pushed himself off the couch in his living room to stop me.

"Yeah, come on Justin!" My brother added, trying to convince me to stay.

I shook my head as I slipped on my sneakers. "I gotta go, man. Thanks for recording the game for me."

"Alright, take care," Ryan said before patting me on the back and opening the front door for me. I said one more goodbye before heading to my car that was parked in front of his house.

I remembered Caitlin telling me that she was going out with her friends so she wouldn't be able to see me tonight but I just wanted to quickly drop by at her place before she left. I needed to make sure she was alright. I was so attached to her that I couldn't help but let the overprotective side of me appear when it came to my princess.

I put my seat belt on and revved the engine of my car before making my way down the streets of the city. I'll never get used to the traffic here. After a fifteen minute drive through the busy streets, I parked in front of Cait's apartment building and walked inside. I impatiently waited in the elevator as it escalated up towards her floor.

It finally stopped, the doors sliding open for me to walk out. I took quick steps towards the second last door on the left. I knocked and waited for her to open but after a few seconds passed, nothing happened. I furrowed my eyebrows as I didn't hear her cute little footsteps running towards the door. I knocked again, louder and longer this time, as I took a step back and continued to wait.

I pulled out my phone to check the time. 9.40 PM. She said she was leaving at around 10:30 PM so there would be no reason for her to not be at home. Did she leave early? Where was she? I groaned to myself as I clicked on her contact name. I pressed the phone to my ear and waited for her to answer but the line continued to ring, instead of her soft voice saying hello.

"Where the fuck is she?" I whispered to myself. My frustration slowly began to rise, not getting a hold of her making me stressed and worried.

I quickly texted her and then waited for a response but then again, nothing. I ran my hand through my hair, pushing strands away from my face. I had no idea why she wasn't answering and it made me scared not knowing where she was.

I headed down to the lobby and stopped at the counter. I cleared my throat, which caught the attention of the man sitting on the chair. "Can I help you, sir?"

"Yes actually, I was wondering if you've seen a petite white girl, brunette, possibly with a few friends. Rings a bell?" I asked as I hoped for a response or any clue that could help me find her.

"Oh, I think I've seen her walk out but she wasn't with any friends, she was alone." He replied.

I cocked my head to the side. "She wasn't? When did she leave?"

He took a glance at the time on his desktop before turning to me. "Hmm, about ten minutes ago. That's all I can tell ya'."

"Alright," I said. "Thanks."

"No problem," he replied.

I quickly rushed into my car and turned the engine back on. Pressing my foot on the gas pedal, I sped down the roads, not giving a single fuck about how many people I was cutting off. The wound on my thigh began to hurt as I flexed my foot but that was the last of my worries. I also heard the cars honk at me as I accelerated my speed but I ignored them as well. Finding Cait was all I cared about, none of those damn shitheads mattered to me.