Chapter Forty Two

A/N: Hello fellow readers! I'm sorry for posting this chapter so late, I've been busy with my summer lately and school is starting soon. Lucky for you, I made this chapter extra long. Enjoy!

Oh and I also tried to show Cait's over thinking in the beginning so y'all could get an idea of how much her mind rambles on and on.

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS FOR MY Q&A. YOU CAN EITHER COMMENT THEM OR MESSAGE ME AND I WILL REPLY WHEN THE STORY IS FINISHED.

Caitlin's POV

My hands were practically shaking as the words echoed throughout my mind. It was like a never ending nightmare. A nightmare that I would never wake up from. My heart was beating at the speed of light and the blood in my veins was pulsing. My chest felt as if it was on fire and all I wanted to do was wake up. I wanted to wake up from this nightmare and never sleep again. The words from the letter were circulating within me and I had no idea what to do.

It made me sick to my stomach knowing that somebody out there would hurt the two people who have raised me. The two people I loved the most. The worst part is that I had no idea who it was and why they were doing this. I knew they wanted to tell me something about Justin but it didn't make sense for them to threaten me. What did they want from me? Why were they doing all of this? How did they know where I lived? That bothered me the most because now, they had a way to reach me. I could be sleeping and they could easily barge in. Anything could happen since they knew where my apartment was located.

My blood was boiling the more I thought about it. This wouldn't have happened if it weren't for Justin. I hated to put blame on others but why couldn't I say it was Justin's fault? He was the one who stopped me last night. He was the one who thought it was smart not to go. Now, I was forced to go whether he liked it or not because this involved my parents and when they're at risk, there's no stopping me.

However, I had to keep it away from him or else he would stop me just like he did before. It made me guilty for keeping it away from him. I wanted to tell him so badly but I knew that it was best if I didn't because I needed to know what he was hiding. He had the perfect chance to tell me yesterday. We were sitting in the car and he read the letter right in front of me but he turned everything around and blamed it on me for going.

I was hurt and offended when he called me stupid. He made me feel as if I was a little girl who got in trouble for breaking a vase and he was my dad telling me I needed to be careful next time. He said all those things, just because he was trying to make up an excuse not to tell me. He purposely put the fault on me so he wouldn't have to confess.

The worst part is that he didn't understand how much I loved him. I could have easily left him as of that moment but due to the uncontrollable feelings I had for him, I fell too damn hard to do that. Whatever he was keeping away from me, big or small, I would still be there for him. I would be by his side through anything and everything. It upset me that he let his paranoia get the best of him. It blinded him. He couldn't see that I loved him and I wouldn't judge him for whatever he did. He needed to understand that I wouldn't leave. I would never. And now I had to go and speak to a stranger who'd rather tell me his little secret instead of him telling me himself.

"Who is it, babe?" I heard Justin's voice from the kitchen, causing me to snap back to reality. I quickly tucked the piece of paper in the pocket of my pajama pants before walking back to the kitchen where he was sitting.

"Nobody, just um, a little boy trying to sell me cookies." God, I'm horrible at lying.

Justin gave me a confused look but thankfully brushed it off and went back to eating his pancakes. After finishing my breakfast, I quickly rushed into my room to call my parents and see if they were alright. Fortunately, nothing happened and they were fine. Now all that was left to do was go to cloud gate and hear what this person had to tell me.