Chapter Thirty Three

Justin's POV

My eyes slowly blinked open as the sunlight seeped through the curtain of the windows, causing me to wake up from my deep sleep. I looked around and was confused for a moment until I realized I was rested on the couch in the living room with a small blanket that didn't even cover half my body.

Just when I was about to get up, a sudden pain in my temples struck me, causing me to lay back down on the cushions of the sofa. I cursed under my breath and let out a sigh of frustration once I remembered how much I drank last night.

My mornings were either filled with coffee and sleepy smiles or frustration and regret. That morning would be the second option for me. My body was weak. My head was killing me. My eyes couldn't stay open for long and I couldn't even get up.

I looked around to try and find my phone. Luckily, it was placed on the edge of the coffee table which was close enough for me to grab it. I clicked the home button and waited until the time showed up on the screen. 10:54 AM. I sighed again before finally managing to get up.

My legs were practically wobbling at every step I was taking and I couldn't even think straight. I felt so lightheaded but I knew I had to make it to the kitchen in order to get something to drink.

I hated the feeling of being hung over. Not because of the the aftermath but because of the regret that comes along with it. I tend to make myself feel guilty for drinking that much, especially with people watching me.

Which brought me to another thought. Caitlin. Ugh, fuck. How could I even forget about her? I quickly chugged a glass of water along with a painkiller and rushed up stairs. I didn't even care about how much pain my head was in and how badly my legs were burning. None of that mattered when the only thing on my mind was her.

I took a deep breath before quietly opening the door. The first thing that caught my eye was her body sprawled on the bed. She was sleeping on her back, which made her stomach rise and fall at every breath she inhaled. I couldn't help but stare at her. She was so at peace and I slowly started to feel bad about leaving her there to sleep alone.

I walked slowly towards the sleeping beauty, trying my utter best not to wake her up. My eyes furrowed the minute I looked at her pillow. Were those mascara stains? Fuck, was she crying? I thought. I quickly walked out and rushed into Dylan's room.

He was sleeping on his back with a slob of drool coming out of the corner of his lips. "Dylan!" I yelled as I shook his body. He finally woke up and looked at me with confusion. It took him a minute to realize I was in front of him.

"Fuck off, Justin. Don't you see me sleeping?" He whined before pulling the pillow over his face to block me out. I groaned and ripped the pillow out of his hands, causing it to fall on the ground below me.

"I need to know what happened yesterday!" I yelled, trying my best to wake him up. I knew my mom was at the hotel so she didn't have to see us fighting and well, Caitlin was too fast asleep to hear us.

"What do you mean?" he asked while his eyes were still closed. I could tell I was bothering him but I needed to know exactly why I ended up on the couch that morning and why Cait had mascara stains on her pillowcase.

"Why did I wake up on the couch and why is Caitlin sleeping alone?" I questioned as I held the bridge of my nose with fingers. I was beyond frustrated and the pain of my headache wasn't helping at all.

"Why don't you just ask her?" He rolled to the side of the bed and pulled the covers over his body, leaving me to do nothing but confront Cait myself.

"Fine," I grunted before leaving his room and closing the door behind me. I walked down the hall and stopped in front of the room Cait was sleeping in. I was debating myself. I had no idea what to tell her, especially since I didn't know what happened yesterday. All I remembered was me getting mad at her for saying something about Dylan and then coming home to have a couple beers with him.