Chapter Forty Six

Caitlin's POV

I winced and closed my eyes as the loud noise of the bullet being shot rang through my ears. I let the tears roll down my cheeks as I fluttered my eyes open, getting ready for the amount of sadness and pain I was going to be in. However, I was caught off guard when I looked up to my left and realized something. Justin wasn't hurt. Not one scratch was on him. The bullet came from somewhere else.

"What the fuck was that?" Derek exclaimed as we all began to look around for the person behind the gun.

"We have company. Check the main doors and get as many of our guys to guard each entrance." David demanded and in a matter of seconds, everybody scurried away, leaving Justin and I alone. No one else was with us. No Alexis, no Josh, no guards. Just the two of us.

I exhaled sharply as I continued to sob, drenching my shirt in tears. "I could have lost you, idiot. Why would you do something like that? He was going to shoot you, Justin."

Justin laid his head back onto the pole as he closed his eyes. He spoke softly, as each word dragged longer than the other. We were both sleepy and tired and way too out of it to even think about what we were doing or saying. "Cait, I'm so sorry. I don't know what I did but I'm so fucking sorry. I'm sorry if I hurt you, I'm sorry if I put my hands on you. I wasn't thinking straight, the alcohol really got to me." His voice began to crack as he was choking out every word. "I'm so, so sorry."

"You don't even understand how fed up I am of this. When is it going to stop, Justin? When are you going to stop letting alcohol be an excuse to get away from your problems? You have nightmares, you've made mistakes, your father left you. You have a dark past, I know. Trust me, I know. But haven't I been there to help you? Haven't I been there to show you that you shouldn't numb your pain in this way? You can do so much better than this, I know you can."

He sighed as he continued to rest his head on the pole, slightly slouching due to the uncomfortable and awkward position of the ropes. His eyes were still closed but I could see one single tear escape from the side of his right eye as I watched it roll down his cheek and drip off his chin.

Just seeing him in that state made my heart shatter into tiny pieces. I had never seen him get that emotional in one night and it made me feel a bundle of emotions all at once. I didn't know what to feel. Was I supposed to be angry at him? Was I supposed to be scared? Was I supposed to be sad? I had no idea what to do.

"I love you so fucking much," he whispered. "I love you endlessly. My mind goes down so many different paths and tunnels, yet you're always there waiting for me at the end of them. I know I messed up but god, I love you so fucking much and I don't think I'll be able to control myself if anything ever happened to you. I'm a fool for you, please just forgive me this one time."

I let out one more tear before speaking. "I-"

"Justin," I heard somebody whisper, cutting me off. I began to look around the warehouse, trying to get a glimpse of who it was.

"What the-"

"Justin, over here!" the voice whispered louder and it sounded like it was coming from behind us.

"Dylan, is that you?" Justin asked as he tried to turn his head around.

"Dylan?" I cooed as I continued to look for him. I scooted my bottom across the dusty floor and just when I successfully turned around, I widened my eyes at what was in front of me. "Over here!" I called for him. He had a knife in his left hand as he took quiet but rapid steps towards Justin. He looked like he didn't know how to even use a knife but I was just glad we had some sort of way to get out.