Chapter Forty Eight

Caitlin's POV

Just having him standing in front of me with those caramel eyes piercing into mine made me feel stunned. I was never good at reading him and understanding what he felt but at that moment, I read him like an open book. I could see the amount of anger boiling inside him. I could see how much hurt his eyes held. I could see his knuckles turning white as his fists were held next to him.

Everything that happened that night was effecting him more than I expected. I witnessed him doing things I never knew he was capable of. I heard him speak words I didn't think would ever come out of his mouth. I saw him hold a gun and shoot carelessly, at people he didn't even know. He was so effected by his father's actions that he let the anger change him.

I knew what he wanted and how badly he wanted it. He craved it. He begged for it. It was the only thing he wanted to do. He didn't even care about escaping anymore, he just focused on that main goal. That one action that could possibly change everything. It would change him, it would change me. It would change everything about us.

However, his mind was foggy and the clouds made him blind. He couldn't see that what he wanted to do would be a mistake. A huge mistake that he would never be able to take back. Because I knew the minute he let the bullet leave the gun, he would regret it. But actions are hard to erase and he would live with it forever. He would be headed to jail instead of back home. And I was too selfish for him to do that.

I couldn't stand being away from him for a few days, a jail sentence would kill me. It would make me go insane. I didn't care about how much he wanted to do it. I didn't care that it would make him happy. The only thing I cared about was me being with him because he was the source of my happiness and seeing him act like that in front of me made me want to pull the trigger at myself.

"Justi-"

"No, Cait," he stated as he ripped his hands away from my grasp. "Everyday I used to dread his disappearance in my life. But now that I know why he left me makes me upset. Just let me do this."

"Justin, I can't let you do that. You're going to go to jail!" I screamed, fed up with the way he was talking to me.

"I don't fucking care!" He screamed, causing me to flinch and take a step back. "I need to end him once and for all."

"Justin, just listen to me. Don't do this."

"And what makes you think you can tell me what to do?" He spat, his harsh tone making my heart hurt a little.

"Because you're acting like a lunatic right now. Just please listen to me this one time!"

"No!" He yelled. And with that, the noise of the bullet being shot radiated throughout the entire room, causing me to gasp. I quickly blocked my ears and pressed hard due to the loud sound.

However, as I slowly moved my shaky and cold hands away from me, I looked up through the strands of my hair to see that the bullet didn't leave from Justin's gun, but it left from Dylan's instead.

We turned our heads to Dylan who slowly lowered his arm and dropped the gun next to him, the noise of the metal hitting the floor making me flinch again. His eyes were fixed on David and he was just as speechless as we were.

"I had to do it," he breathed out as he continued to look at David who was breathing heavily in pain. "I-I'm sorry."

I heard the sound of Justin's feet shuffling against the ground as he raced to Dylan and stared at David from his view. "Holy fuck," he whispered as the blood continued to spit out. "Dylan, what the fuck did you do?!" He shrieked as the vein in his neck popped out, something that I was used to seeing.