Chapter Twelve

A/N: If you're wondering why the time of the story is a little behind, I wrote this a few months ago in the end of 2013 but I accidentally deleted it so I have to rewrite it the way I did before. Sorry for any confusion. But now that it's clarified, you can enjoy the chapter! 

Caitlin's POV

My eyes slightly widened as the last few words escaped his mouth. Mine? Out of all girls, why would he want me to be his? That was the only thing I didn't and couldn't understand. There were so many other women out there who were much more attractive than me, much more smarter than me, much more exciting than me.

It was really confusing because Justin was the type of guy to easily pick up those girls like it was nothing and they'd fall for him the same way. But why was I all of a sudden the person he had a desire for?  I was at a loss for words but after a few minutes, I realized I had to say something or else it would be beyond awkward. Scratch that, we're past awkward right now. "A-as in girlfriend?" I asked. Ugh, what a stupid question. Of course he meant that.

He gulped and slowly nodded. 

I nodded slowly then paused. "Can I ask you something though?"

"Sure." He looked up at me and his eyes met my gaze. The sunlight beamed on his face, emphasizing his perfect features.

"Why me? Like you said, I'm so much different than the other girls you usually talk to."

He smirked at me. "Well, maybe I want something different."

I was taken back by his answer but I decided to have a second thought about it. All this time I've wanted to have fun and let loose. I've wanted to go and explore the city and not just stay in my apartment studying all day. High school was a total bore and I had no amazing memories to look back to. I wasn't getting any younger so why the hell not take a chance and start making memories now? I said it before, Justin was the perfect guy for this. He showed me so much and I guessed if I got closer to him, he would show me even more. After all, I never had a boyfriend before so I was sure as hell it would turn out pretty interesting. 

"Hmm, I don't see why not." I responded while grinning at him.

Justin's lips formed into a big smile, his pearly whites showing clearly while opening his arms for a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed my head on his shoulders, the scent of his Marc Jacobs cologne on his leather jacket making me close my eyes in bliss. That was probably the number one reason why I loved hugging him so much, he smelt like heaven. I felt his arms wrap around my waist with a tight grip until I suddenly heard the sound of a short ringtone go off and quickly pulled away from his embrace.

I watched Justin as he reached for his phone in the front pocket of his jeans and swiped the screen. "Sorry, just let me see who it is," he murmured. After a few seconds, he finally spoke "Ugh, it's my brother."

"What did he say?" I questioned.

"There's a big new years party on Tuesday that's hosted by one of our friends, Ryan. He invited me and you but it's okay if you don't want to go, I totally underst-"

"No, we can go. Besides, I don't have anything to do on that day."

Justin looked up at me and raised his eyebrows. "Well okay, I'll come to pick you up around nine. Sounds good?" He flashed me a smile. 

I nodded. "Perfect."

-

"Hmm, I think you should try this one," Blaire said to me as she held up a dress from one of the racks. 

It was a day before the big party and after telling Blaire I got invited, we decided to head to the mall and get something that would be more suitable for the occasion, considering the fact I had too many formal and boring dresses. I needed a dress that didn't have anything too flashy but nice at the same time.