Chapter Twenty

Caitlin's POV

It was a familiar atmosphere. Heavy drinks. Loud music. Swaying bodies. Just a typical house party hosted by a bunch of college or university students. Justin's fingers were interlocked with mine as we entered into the already crowded and hot house. 

It was fairly big with an open concept, perfect for the party. A little further from campus but an acceptable drive. We didn't even make it far into the house when we got handed solo red cups with cheap bear in them. 

"Do they not have anything better?" Justin whispered into my ear, displeased at the content inside the cup.

I laughed and shook my head at his comment. "Come, let's check the back."

We walked closely together as we managed to dodge the hot bodies surrounding us in the compacted area. Although the house seemed big, the floor was flooded with people and it made the place look smaller. It had a modern touch though, which I liked.

Justin and I arrived at the kitchen where there were buckets filled with ice in them, all containing a different kind of drink in each. There were a few people reaching in for a bottle or two and others dispensing them to their friends. 

One bucket caught Justin's eye. It was tinted a dark shade of blue and looked bigger than the others. He let go of my hand and reached for a bottle once he approached it, pulling it up and holding it out in front of him. "They have Smirnoff!" 

I nodded. "It'll do." After the words left my lips, he hit the tip of the bottle at the edge of the hard counter, making the cap fly off with ease. His action made it seem as if it was effortless and straightforward. I grinned once he poured the liquid into my cup. "Thanks."

After he poured himself a glass, we turned around and made our way to one of the couches. I sat down next to him, instantly feeling his arm snake around my waist and pull me closer. His fingers began to play with the satin material of my dress as I looked around.

There were other people sitting on the sofa seats near us, all socializing with people around them. A lot of students continued to enter the house, making it more crowded than it already was. I laughed to myself as I saw a group of girls doing body shots on the kitchen counter. It was nice to see everybody enjoying their time.

"Where are your friends, babe?" Justin asked, leaning his head closer to me so I could hear him over the loud music coming from the speakers.

I began looking around, scanning the room filled with drunk people in their own little world. "I actually don't know. They should be here somewhere." 

He nodded and took another sip from his cup. His face was expressionless but I could tell he looked a little disappointed. As if he was bored and didn't want to be here.

"Do you want to dance?" I asked, trying to occupy the time as best as I could. He tore his attention away from whatever he was looking at and met my gaze. He nodded and let go of my waist, giving me a chance to get up from the couch.

He followed behind me as I walked to the crowd of students dancing and swaying their bodies to the music. I began moving my hips while holding onto Justin's hand. He had a playful smirk plastered on his face as he stared at me intently while taking a large sip from his drink every few seconds. 

"You look funny." He commented. That's when I stopped and took a step closer to him. 

"Are you saying I can't dance?" I asked, cocking my head to the side as my breath lingered on his lips. He nodded while smiling widely.

I hit his shoulder playfully as he began to laugh. "I'll have you know, I took ballet in grade 8 and got accepted to the arts program because I was that good."