Chapter Thirty One

Justin's POV

My vision was blurry and my body felt weak. I looked around and saw what seemed to be an empty and dark road. Except no street lights were on, no cars were driving near me and not one person was in sight. It was dead silent, the only thing I could hear was my breathing and the only thing I could see was the air escaping from my mouth.

I found myself in the exact same spot that I was in before. This time I wasn't running away from whatever was chasing me, I was following it. We walked quietly down the dead street, the dark spirit floating in front of me. I was moving slowly but my legs felt numb, which confused me all at the same time. What was going on?

"Justin," the voice called, mocking me with its presence.

I quickly looked up to find the spirit turn into a body.

"Justin, is this what you're looking for?!" the voice yelled, making my ears ring in pain.

The body turned around and my poor vision couldn't point out who was. All I knew was that it was a dirty face, a face I've never seen before.

"Justin!" I heard another yell. This time, it was a voice I was all too familiar with.

"Caitlin!" I tried to yell but my voice was just as weak as my body.

"Justin, please help me!" She cried out, except I had no idea where she was.

"Caitlin, where are you?" I tried to yell again but my voice was as quiet as a mouse.

"Justin!"

I looked around frantically. Still nothing.

"Justin!"

"Justin! Justin, come on, wake up!"

I quickly opened my eyes to see a frightened looking Caitlin leaning over me. My body shot up and my breathing was still as heavy as before due to the fact that I had no idea where I was and what was happening.

"Justin, are you okay?" I heard Caitlin's melodic voice as she gently placed her small hands on my shoulders, causing me to relax.

I let out a sigh of relief as I realized it was just another nightmare. My breathing calmed down as she sat next to me and rubbed my back. Her skin making contact with mine gave me goosebumps.

"Yeah, I-I'm alright. It was just a stupid dream. I get them a lot," I spoke, my voice coming out hoarse and raspy. I scratched the back of my neck as I looked around the bedroom. Everything seemed in it's right place and Caitlin wasn't in danger, which was all I cared about.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. "Where's my mom?"

She gave me a reassuring smile before nodding. "I'm fine, stop worrying about me. Your mom left to go manage the hotel. Now let's get some breakfast, you look like you're hung over."

"Gee, thanks," I joked before removing the duvet and putting on my blue basketball jersey.

As Caitlin and I sat on the breakfast table and began eating, I couldn't help but think of the dream I had earlier. I knew there was some sort of message behind it. I knew it was trying to tell me something. But I had no fucking clue what it was.

There were so many things that confused me. Where was I? Why was I following that person? Who was that person in the first place? Why was Caitlin screaming? Where was she? Why couldn't I-

"Justin!" I heard Caitlin say, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Y-yeah?" I turned to look at her.