Chapter Five

A/N: New chapter! It's a bit short so I apologize. Tell me what you guys think.

Caitlin's POV

It had been a long day and the last thing I wanted to do was talk to some creep with a gun at an old convenience store. I wasn't in the mood for any more trouble that night so I turned my back away from the odd guy and quickly made my way into the store. However, my plan failed when I felt a pair of arms on me.

The guy had managed to pull me back and in mere seconds, he had the gun pointed right at my head. My breathing started to get heavier and my eyes widened in shock. My body began to shake as his mouth got closer to my ear. I felt his hot breath trickle down my neck and I let out a whimper.

"P-please don't hurt me," I winced.

"It's alright, darling. I just want to have a little fun. That's all." He whispered in my ear while tightening his grip on me.

I closed my eyes in pain. Why was all of this happening to me? Why is everybody out to get me? It's like moving here was a big mistake because the only thing I'm put up with is danger and there's no way of getting out. I just wanted to feel safe. Secure. I just wanted to be able to walk down a street for a few minutes without having to check my back every time.

Suddenly, I heard the doors of the store open and out came Justin with the lighter. Props for perfect timing.

"Over here!" I yelled, successfully getting his attention.

"Hey, what the fuck are you doing?" He said through gritted teeth.

As he tried to walk closer to me, the guy behind me began to take steps backwards, pulling me along with him. My breathing became heavier by the second and I gulped in fear. I could literally shit my pants right now if it could get me out of this guy's strong grip.

"Oh look, it's Bieber." The guy scowled.

What the hell, how did he know him?

"Derek?" Justin asked.

I think he was just as confused as I was.

"Long time no see, man. What have you been up to? Stealing my pills again?" He asked while laughing.

Pills? What pills? God, I was more confused than a freshman in math class. Justin's hands were made into fists and I saw his jaw clench. I swear, I could almost hear his teeth grinding against each other in anger.

"That was my brother, okay? Now leave her alone." He yelled, gritting his teeth even harder.

"Oh, your brother is always getting himself into trouble. He took away something that was mine, maybe I should take something of yours. You know, just to make it fair."

Derek, I think that was his name, tightened his grip on me and took more step backwards. He had his arm across my neck like a head lock and was still aiming the gun on my temple. Any minute now he could easily pull that trigger and I could be gone. I was helpless. The only person that could get me out of this situation was Justin. I was counting on him for this.

"I said leave her alone," Justin repeated, his tone more stern than last time.

In just seconds, his fist had made contact with Derek's face, sending him to the ground in a blink of an eye. I let out a sigh, relieved that I finally managed to escape from his grip on me. I looked at Derek who was lying on the ground, groaning in pain. He rolled to his side and pointed at Justin and I.

"You're gonna regret you ever did that." He murmured.

I looked at Justin who had all his attention on Dylan. His face looked dark and serious. As if he was about to kill him then and there. I didn't know what they were saying and what "stealing" Derek was talking about. 

"Come on, let's get the hell out of here," Justin whispered, guiding me back to the street.

We exited the entrance of the convenience store and made it back to the street, walking next to each other again.

"Who was that?" I asked.

My mind was spinning. I had so many questions that I wanted to just belt out but the confusion was making my mind blank. When so much happens all in one time, you tend to over think and try to put the pieces together. However, all you have is a puzzle with so many of the pieces missing, leaving you with nothing.

"What the hell just happened there? Do you guys know each-"

"It's a long story, okay? We just have to walk fast so he doesn't find us." He said, quickening his pace.

We kept running down the street and made a left. The area looked familiar but I couldn't really point out where I remembered it from. I stopped and looked up at the blue tall street sign at the small intersection. Manchester Ave.

It was like god heard my prayers because after making that turn, we ended up on Ronnie's street. Relief rushed over my body as I finally found a place where I could stay.

"My friend lives here, you can go now." I told Justin. "Her house is close from here."

"O-okay, that's good. Before I let you go can, I say something?"

I stayed silent as a way to say yes.

"The guy back at the store could be looking for me but I'm not the only who he has an eye for."

"W-what do you mean?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

He was quiet.

"Well spit it out!" I yelled.

"I mean he could be looking for you, not just me," he confessed.

I gritted my teeth together.

"What the hell, Justin? Why would he be looking for me? What did I do?" I wouldn't be surprised if the people in their houses could hear us, I was beyond mad. I swear, it was like the more I hung out with this guy, the more trouble I got into. "Is that what he meant by he's going to take something that belongs to you?"

"Y-yeah," he replied.

"But I don't even know you!" I snapped.

"He thinks you know me. He thinks we're together. That's why I'm saying that you should be careful. You're an open target to him."

I sighed loudly and ran my hand through my hair. I think I had enough for that day. It was too much to take in.

"Alright, I'll be careful. Can I please go now?"

"Sure thing. Bye Caitlin!" He said with a big grin on his face.

Wait, what? Ugh, I totally forgot he knew my name from the incident we had at the cafe.

"Wow, you knew my name all along," I said.

"Yep, see you around." He said, with a wink. He put his hands in his leather jacket and walked off.

See you around? Something tells me that's not the last time I'm gonna see him.