Chapter Fourteen

Caitlin's POV

Moments after I finished eating my cereal, I quickly dumped the remains in the garbage and placed the bowl in my kitchen sink. The first day of my classes were beginning today and me being the really unorganized mess I was, I was running extremely late. I quickly wiped the corner of my mouth with the back of my hand and headed out the door, locking it behind me.

I jumped in my car and started the engine, making my way to the university as fast as I possibly could. The sky was covered with a blanket of dark clouds, all hovering over the city. As I was entering the highway, I came to a complete stop and looked up to see a huge crowd of cars ahead of me. Great, fucking traffic jam. Perfect timing, right?

I groaned loudly as my hands were still on the wheel, trying my best to get around all the cars. After realizing there was no use and that the roads were just too busy, I decided to give up and wait until the cars began to move. I let go of the wheel and placed my hands on my lap.

The sound of rain hitting my windshield echoed throughout the car and I sighed quietly as I closed my eyes. I loved the sound of rain more than anything. Whether it was a storm or just light rainfall, it was so relaxing and reclining to me. Even during times like these, it would calm my nerves and make me less tense.

Suddenly, I heard my phone vibrate next to me, cutting my peaceful moment. I quickly pulled over to the side of the road and took my phone out of my pocket. It was a text from Justin saying good luck at my first day of classes.

I smiled to myself, happy at the fact he was sweet enough to text me this early in the morning. I quickly put away my phone as I realized the roads cleared up and I finally had a chance to drive without a hundred cars nearly crashing into me. As I turned into the road, I started to think about Justin.

I was never the type to ask for things. If I wanted something, I'd work for it myself. If I do that, I'd feel like I actually earned it. But Justin insisted to pay. I never expected it from him, I never expected him to oblige to do something like that. For me especially.

And just thinking about that made me more thankful I had him. It made me more thankful that I could call him mine. He was giving me opportunities to have fun and to have a better education, all at the same time. Once you think about it, it really was a perfect match. I mean, only a stupid person would turn down an offer like that.

After 15 minutes of driving, I finally made it to the building and parked my car as close as possible to the doors. I wasn't up for a long run in the rain. Once I entered the university, I quickly shook the rain off my leather jacket and shoes. I pulled out my schedule from my bag and checked the room number.

I took the stairs to the second floor and began running back and forth through the hall and checking for the classroom, which I couldn't find. After a few minutes of my little workout, I decided to head down to the office on the main floor and ask for help.

"Excuse me," I said as I placed my hands on the front desk.

An old brunette with glasses looked up at me and smiled. "Can I help you miss?"

"Yes," I panted. "Can you tell me where room 319 is?"

"That's on the third floor, sweetie. 6th door on the left."

I smiled and thanked her, then quickly headed upstairs. After entering the hallway, I swiftly ran to the room and stood in front of the door.

319.

I quickly swung open the door with so much force that it hit a cabinet behind it, making a loud noise. This caused all the students that were working quietly at their desks to turn their attention to me, including the teacher that was standing in front of the class.