Chapter Thirty Seven

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Hey guys! So I accidentally deleted my story "Backseat" because I'm dumb and this always happens. Luckily, I didn't even start it yet so I didn't lose anything. Make sure you add it to your libraries so you know when the first chapter is up :)

Oh and message or comment me a question for my Q&A!!

Caitlin's POV

My heart was beating faster than it ever did before. I didn't even know it was possible to feel embarrassed, scared, and confused all at the same time but there I was, making it a reality. My breathing hitched the minute Justin walked into the living room and I swear, I could feel the smoke coming out of my dad's ears and the tears rolling down my mom's cheeks.

They never knew about Justin. None of my family did, including my sister. I kept contact with them all the time and I told them mostly everything but Justin was my little secret. He was mine and I was his but I didn't want my father and mother to know that. They raised me to become an independent lady who doesn't have time to fall in love with boys but how am I supposed to not fall for him when he's so perfect? He was everything to me and I couldn't just control my feelings, especially when he was the only one I felt for.

"You're the asshole that fucked my daughter?!" I heard my father exclaim as he trudged towards Justin. Before anything could happen, I quickly ran towards my furious dad and held him by his forearm.

"Dad, what are you talking about? Please don't do this!" I shrieked as I kept my grip on his arm and tried my utter best to pull him away from Justin, considering that I had no muscle to even move him. However, that was the last of my thoughts as I continued to pull him away. "It's not what it looks like, please just calm down!"

"No, he's the one who's been all up on my daughter!" He spat.

"Dad, just stop!" I yelled.

Finally, after what felt like ages, I removed my tight grip on him as I felt his muscles relax. He exhaled sharply before taking a step back. He looked past my shoulders to glare at Justin but quickly snapped his eyes back to me as I spoke in front of him. "Can we please sit down and discuss this in a mature matter? Come on, you're better than this."

He let out a sigh. "Alright."

I guided him towards the couch and as he sat down, my mother followed along, the sight of fear clearly displayed on her face. I felt bad for them but they shouldn't have done that. They shouldn't have barged into my house like that, they shouldn't have made a scene and they seriously shouldn't have treated my love like that.

I turned to look at Justin who was standing near the hallway of my apartment with the most confused expression on his face. I felt even more bad for him because I knew he never meant to do this and I knew that he didn't even do anything to cause this in the first place. "Go put some clothes on, now," I said through gritted teeth. He gave me a stern nod before turning around and heading back into my washroom.

I breathed deeply before taking a seat between my parents as I waited for Justin to come back. My mind was racing with questions and I just wanted some goddamn answers. "Why are you guys here? I don't get how you managed to fly from Arizona to see me," I asked as I turned towards my mom. My dad needed time to calm down.

"Sweetie, this boy is not good for you!" My mom said as she looked at me with sympathy. Her voice was soft and she didn't have the angry expression on her face anymore.

"You didn't answer my question!" I replied. "Why are you here and how did you find out about Justin?"

I heard small footsteps coming from the hallway and watched Justin as he sat down on the chair across from us with the same clothes he was wearing before he took a shower. His elbows were rested on his knees as he quietly sat there and watched us.