Chapter Ten

Caitlin's POV

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating near my pillow, waking me up from my sleep. I groaned in frustration but when Justin's contact name was lit up on my phone screen, I smiled to myself, happy at the fact that I got to wake up to a call from him.

It had been a few days since I went to Justin's house and I could honestly say I had a lot of fun staying there, although the incident with Dylan totally threw me off guard. It was confusing to me how we found him on the ground and what made it worse is that I got no back story. When I was in the car, I decided not to say anything because I could tell Justin was mad but I had no clue why. The curiosity was killing me.

Justin and I had been talking non-stop ever since I left his house that night. I'd usually be caught on my phone by one of my co-workers during my shift. I know, it was pretty unprofessional of me to do that but I couldn't help it, he was fun to talk to. Not much has happened between us but I could already tell our bond was getting stronger. We're more comfortable around each other now, like 2 good friends. 

"Hello?" I answered.

"Good morning, beautiful. Are you busy tonight?" Justin asked.

I laughed at his enthusiasm. "Nope, why?" 

"Great! I'm taking you out tonight at 7:00. Dress casually."

"Oh no, it's another one of your mysterious adventures." I commented, getting up from my bed.

I heard him chuckle through the phone. "Don't lie Cait, you love them."

"Maybe."

"I knew it. Anyways, I'll see you later tonight." And with that, he hung up.

I shook my head as I put my phone back on the bed and headed to the bathroom. Justin always had something planned and that was possibly what I loved most about him. He wasn't the type of guy to just sit around and wait for me to make a suggestion, he knew the best ways to have fun and that was exactly what I was looking for here. Just somebody to let loose with and forget about all the boring work and studying I have to put up with almost everyday of my life. 

Speaking of studying, today was exam review day and I'm not gonna lie, I was beyond nervous. I felt confident during the test but for some reason I feel as if I could have done better. Shaking the thought off, I quickly got dressed, headed out the door and sped to the university. I began walking down the atrium and stopped at a big white table with a large group of students surrounding it. Damn, it was packed.

"Oh, there's Cait!" I heard Ronnie say as she tapped Blaire's shoulder and pointed towards me.

"Hey girls," I said as I approached them. 

"Nervous?" Blaire asked.

We were all standing at the back of crowd, waiting for the pack of people to leave so we could get a chance to see our marks. "Just a bit." 

They both nodded. "So you and Justin... are you guys a thing now?" Ronnie winked at me.

I furrowed my eyebrows at her statement. "Oh come on, I've only known the guy for a few weeks. We can't possibly be a thing."

The girls laughed. "I don't know, Cait. You guys seem really friendly with each other." 

"A little too friendly." Blaire added, beaming me a smile. 

"Ha-ha, very funny." I replied sarcastically, annoyed at their obnoxious jokes.

Just when Ronnie was going to add another one of her immature comments, I turned my head to the left and realized the path to the table was clear and I could finally see our exam grade. And so I could get out of this awkward conversation with my nosy friends. "Uh, let's go see our marks." I said, quickly changing the subject.