Chapter Thirteen

Justin's POV

Confused was an understatement. Not even words can describe how lost I felt. I didn't understand how I could turn my attention away from one girl for a few minutes and then totally lose sight of her when I looked back. 

I was at the bar drinking a margarita since I desperately needed a refreshment. The hot bodies of the clubbers dancing around the room were making me more and more tense and fanning myself wasn't even enough. After finishing my drink and placing the glass cup back onto the counter, I wiped the corner of my mouth with the back of my hand and decided to go to the last place I didn't check yet. The VIP room.

I reached the top of the stairs and opened the curtain to the lounge. I looked around and unfortunately couldn't find any sign of Caitlin. 

"Hey Justin," I heard behind me. 

I turned around and realized Alexis was sitting on the couch drinking a martini and playing with the ends of her hair with her other hand. 

I hesitated, shocked at her presence. "Oh uhm, hey. "

She stood up from the red circular couch and took a few steps towards to me, our faces inches away from each other. "What is Bieber doing here?" She whispered, her eyes boring into mine. The smell of the alcohol came to my senses the second she opened her mouth. I gulped as she reached for an olive in her drink and ate it in front of me. 

"I uhm, I was looking for Caitlin," I replied as she was chewing.

I don't know why but the way Alexis was standing in front of me with her tight purple dress really got to me in a way I couldn't explain. Her eyes were captivating and I was aching just to touch her body. 

"Well..." Alexis said as she took more steps towards me, if that was even possible considering how close we were. "I don't see her anywhere." She gestured around the room we were in.

"Right, thanks," I quickly turned around to exit the lounge when suddenly I felt her hold onto my forearm and pull me back so I could face her. Our bodies were so close that if I took another step, our lips would be touching. She looked at me with a smirk on her face all while still holding onto my arm.

"That means we can have our fun." She whispered while giving me a daring stare.

Her eyes aimed at my lips and she began to lean in closer but I hesitated and pulled my hands out in front of my chest to stop her from getting anywhere closer. I knew where this was heading so before Alexis could pull anymore tricks on me, I decided to leave and continue my search for Caitlin.

I exited the room and quickly headed downstairs, the clubbers instantly surrounding me and making me forget about the incident that happened with Alexis. After making my way through the crowd, I noticed Ryan talking with 2 other girls near the bar and quickly approached him.

I nodded my head at the ladies and gave them a small grin then looked at Ryan. "Hey man, have you seen Cait?" I yelled into his ear so he could hear me over the loud music.

"Yeah, I saw her outside. Go get her, the countdown starts soon." I heard him reply.

I sighed in relief and was happy at the fact I got some information on where she was. I thanked Ryan and rushed to the doors of the club, opening it and stepping outside. The cold air immediately hit me, making the beads of sweat on my forehead dry by the second I made contact with the air outside. 

I took a few steps and stood in front of the entrance of the club. The streets were dark and quiet but were filled with people from the party probably taking a quick smoke. I began looking around but still couldn't manage to find Caitlin anywhere. She wasn't at the bar. She wasn't at the dance floor. She wasn't at the VIP room. She wasn't even outside.