Chapter Twenty Six

Caitlin's POV

It was like a mess of emotions were running through me in that compacted car. I was hurt and confused and had so many questions but didn't have the courage to even ask one. All I wanted to do was spill everything to Justin and tell him what I was really feeling. What I saw. Most importantly, how it hurt me in ways I couldn't even explain. But I couldn't. It was probably the paranoia that made me feel like I couldn't trust him so I just sat silently in the seat with my hands on my lap.

I let out a shaky and unstable sigh as the atmosphere in the car grew more quiet. Justin had his seat belt unbuckled and his body turning to face me in the seat as I waited for a reaction to come out of him. But after what felt like minutes of impatient and awkward waiting, not a single thing came out of his mouth. I was about to say something, that is until he finally spoke up.

A look of disappointment was plastered on his face as he spoke. "Caitlin, what do you mean nothing is alright? What's going on?"

All the things I wanted to say were locked in my mind, spending so much time debating whether I should tell him or not made me go insane. It was like I had to force myself to speak but I just simply couldn't.

"Cait, stop playing around and just tell me what's wrong," Justin stated, his voice sending shivers down my spine. It was cold and stern, as if he was demanding me to tell the truth when he himself wasn't telling me anything at all.

But I guessed he wasn't telling me anything since I didn't say shit myself. So without anymore hesitation, I decided to stop silencing myself and get the answers I wanted for so long. "Justin, " I began. "I saw a few things that I honestly regret seeing."

"Like what?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he leaned his head closer to me.

"I-I think you're cheating on me," I finally managed to spit out. I was holding everything in for so long that I hadn't realized how much it was slowly effecting me. All I wanted was some answers and that was my chance to finally get some.

"Cheating on you?" he spat.

"I um, I saw a thong in the back of your car when I was looking for that jug of gasoline. I also heard you talking on the phone with somebody when you came to pick me up and I don't know, you seemed really suspicious. I even saw all these expensive dresses hung up in your bathroom door which don't belong to me. Just tell me the truth, Justin. Just tell me if you're cheating on me or not." I kept my head down as I waited for a reaction to come out of him.

My mind was a complete mess that I had no idea how he was going to react. Was he going to yell at me? Was he going to confess? Was he going to stutter? I was about to speak again but the sound of the seat belt clicking caught my attention and I quickly shot my head up.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I watched Justin turn on the engine of the car. His hands were wrapped tightly around the steering wheel, his knuckles turning white almost instantaneously due to the tight grip. He turned to look at me one more time before stepping hard onto the gas pedal, causing the car to speed its way out of the entrance of the apartment building and into the streets of the city.

"J-Justin, where are we going? And could you please slow down?" I pleaded as I used my right hand to hold onto the door handle and my left hand to hold onto the leather seat. The g force was immensely strong as he kept making sharp and quick turns. All of a sudden, he entered a street that I was far too familiar with. When we passed the convenience store, that was when I knew where we were going. His house.

"Justin, please speak to me," I almost yelled as he continued to speed down the road. Thank god the streets weren't busy or else it would have turned into a game of bumper card and a large number of police cars chasing after us.