Part 16

"So you're telling me you have never gotten into a fight?" Shuri was laughing at the ceiling as I faced her feeling quite stupid.

"Do you even know me at all?!" I rolled back my eyes "Please, do yourself a favor and imagine me in a fight" a giggle came out of my mouth.

She rolled herself around, covering her mouth with her hands trying to stop laughing " You're absolutely right" She almost yelled "It's way too funny to imagine.. I mean... I bet as you tried to take the first punch you would just fall by yourself".

"Oh c'mon.. stop" I said noticing my cheeks turning red. I grabbed her chin with my hand, turning her face to me "you're making fun of me now".

"I'm not! I swear I not" she managed to speak as I loosen up my fingers not squishing her so hard.

"Plus... If I ever went on a fight, I would never be able to do what you did in there" I lowered my voice.

"Why?" she cleared her throat.

"I just... I don't like the idea of hurting someone..." I wrinkled my nose thinking about it.

She stared at me, a little surprised by it, but there was something in her eyes. I could swear she was feeling something...she just wouldn't admit it. 

"You're way too good of a person" she finally whispered.

"I don't think I'm that good of a person..." I laughed "It's just... violence...ugh" I made a face.

Once again, the sound of her laugh flooded my head.

"You look really good you know that right?" she whispered making me stop laughing.

"Shuri...." I called her with a warning tone.

"What???" she asked with a smirk.

"You compliment me, I start to get a little closer to you, you stare at me the way you do, I kiss you, you kiss me back, I start trying...you know" a chuckled came out "And you stop me 'cause we're both a little drunk... You know the drill... So just stop".

"Jezzzz okay" she raised her hands next to her head "I won't compliment you anymore".

"Thank you" I smiled at her "What time is it?" I asked rolling around and grabbing my phone noticing it was already 4 am "Shit" I mumble.

"Yeah... we should get some sleep" She said pushing her body against mine.

I put my phone back down, turned off the little lamp on my nightstand, and turned to her again, fitting my head on her neck and my hands on her chest. My body started to get a little warmer, her heartbeat soothing my mind.

"Night Princess" I chuckled.

"Don't call me that" she said right away holding back a laugh.

And after a few minutes, we were both perfectly asleep in each other's arms, like we were supposed to be.

The sun was finally out, so Riri invited us to go hang out in a nearby park with some of her college friends. They had set some towels on the grass, and lots of food and drinks were included in the plan. I was sitting next to a guy named Andre, I believe he was in Riri's equations class. We were talking about Wakanda and my research progress as he seemed truly interested in it.

Shuri was leaning against a tree talking with Riri who was already a bit tipsy. 

"Guys, who want to play some football?" Laurie, a tall dark hair girl shouted holding a ball in her hands. 

"Shit Laurie... Every single time" Riri sighed covering her eyes with her hands in despair. 

Almost everyone stood up, gathering around her, girls were pulling their hair up, and the guys taking off their sweats and jackets getting ready for whatever was coming down. 

"This is always a fucking blood bath" Andre whispered to me as I chuckled. 

"Y/N come, we need you" Riri shouted running towards me and grabbing my arm pulling me up.

"No no no" I yelled "You know my coordination is terrible Riri".

"Too bad... It's grass, you won't get hurt if you fall down" she said dragging me. "Shuri you're coming too".

I glanced at Shuri who had a smirk on her face while looking at me. I rolled my eyes at her making her shake her head.

Laurie made the teams, separating me from Shuri, which made me feel a little sad. She had a concentrated look on her face as one of the girls toss the first ball in. I stood still in my corner not knowing exactly where I should be running, my eyes trying to catch up with everything and understand the game. 

I heard my team shouting, meaning we had scored something. Shuri looked at me with a tender smile on her lips, before the next whistle went off. 

It had already been almost 20 minutes in when it came Shuri's time to get the ball. Andre told me to stay in a certain spot, which a clearly obeyed. I saw her running towards me, the ball tighten against her chest, my team trying to catch her up but failing miserably. I started to feel a little nervous as she kept running in my direction, squeezing my eyes a bit, preparing myself for the shove I was about to get, but as she approached me, her feet stop right in front of me, a smile showing up on her face. I opened my eyes again, feeling my heart melting, at what had just happened. But in a matter of seconds, my mind went full on, and I knew I couldn't keep disappointing the team, so I took the ball out of her hands, mouthing an ironic "Sorry" and started to run away leaving her standing still looking at me with surprise in her eyes.

I finally reached the white line, putting down the ball, as I felt everyone coming against me and cheering me up. I looked through them, seeing Shuri still staring at me with a smirk on her lips, so I ran up to her, quickly kissing her cheek. "I'm so sorry" I laughed while she leaned a little closer "You are going to pay for that" she chuckled using giving me a little slap on my hip.