Part 29

"So here you have all the material you could possibly need" I smiled as Jan leaned against a side table watching every move I made "And if you don't find anything you can always ask me or Shuri" I said trying to hint her about Shuri being the owner of it all.

"Thanks" she smirked at me "It's just all so big in here... I'm used to a small and on-budget lab you know?" 

"Yeah I get it" I laughed putting down a pair of tweezers "When I first came here I didn't wanted to bother anyone... Luckily Shuri was super helpful and available" I sighed remembering the first couple of days.

"Yeah..." she frowned her eyebrows walking towards me "But I don't think she'll be that nice to me" her voice was showing a little tease.

"No, she's super nice... She's just hard to charm at the beginning" I said avoiding looking at Jan. 

She was nice and fun, but there was something about her that stop me from trusting her, I just didn't know what it was yet.

"But you managed to do it" she said still slowly walking towards me.

"I didn't do much..." I shrugged my shoulders "We just started to work together".

"Agronomics and tech? How does those two combine?" she raised an eyebrow.

"It has its ways..." I said finally looking at her "Well I'm gonna go now...I left my materials in the garden and I still need to collect some samples" My eyes moved again to the floor as turned my back walking towards the door.

"I'll meet you later then" she said behind me as I left the room taking a deep breath and closing my eyes.

I made my way to the garden, still a little confused about everything that had happened, focusing on my research and using some tweezers to remove branches of a new plant I had just inserted into the soil. 

"What did she want?" Shuri's voice startled me from behind making me drop everything.

"SHIT" I gasped "Don't do that!" I chuckled facing her still sitting on the floor.

"I'm sorry" she smiled joining me and crossing her legs.

"She needed some materials and couldn't find them" I shrugged my shoulders looking again at my plants.

"I really don't like her" she mumbled between her lips.

"I know" I chuckled "And she knows it too"

"Oh...I felt so bad about it" she rolled up her eyes trying to contain a smile.

"Shuri c'mon..." I sighed looking at her "It wouldn't hurt for you to try to act nice..."

"Why would I?" she frowned her eyebrows at me.

"Because, she's a visit to your country... And she doesn't know anyone in here, and it's quite shitty" I chewed on my bottom lip.

Shuri closed her eyes, letting a sight escape from her lips before looking at me tenderly "okay...I'll do my best" she said "But...You should know...Her face annoys me"

"Yeah yeah...I know that" I smiled leaning a little.

"What are you doing?" she asked pulling away and staring at my plants.

"Oh...you're finally interested in my research?" I laughed making her slap me softly on the arm before I proceed to explain everything watching her observing and listening with a focused look in her eyes.

My eyes were starting to feel a little heavier, as I notice the letters in my book were becoming blurry and my hands starting to lose the strength to hold it. I put it down on my night table, pulling up the sheets and closing my eyes, but the sound of squeezing wood made me jump out and stare at my door. 

"Can I come in?" Shuri whispered sneaking her head in.

"Sure" I smiled rolling around my bed and leaving her some space next to me.

She slowly walked over, laying down facing me and resting her hand on my cheek.

"The bruises are all gone" she smiled.

"Yeah...It was about damn time" I smirked.

"Listen...." she said coming a little closer to me "I was thinking..."

"Oh no..." I chuckled closing my eyes and making her laugh.

"Hear me out" she shook her head "I was thinking that, since we'v gotten here, we haven't spent any time together" she said licking her bottom lip as her eyes stared into mine.

"You're a genius" I rolled up my eyes.

"And I miss you" she finally said making my heart start to race a little faster "Really miss you" she repeated as I felt her hand lifting my shirt a little and caressing my waist pulling me a little closer to her.

"And what are you going to do about it?" I whispered against her lips trying to keep my cool as I felt a slight burn building up between my legs.

"What do you want me to do?" she breathed out against my skin.

"Whatever you want to" I said resting my lips against hers as my body slowly moved against hers noticing her breathing becoming a little heavier "I'm all yours" I mumbled.

"I know" she answered me with a smirk on her lips, before pulling me in again and kissing me.