Part 26

The sun was starting to disappear and with that, cold air was taking his place. I sat between Shuri's legs, my back resting against her chest, our hands were locked sitting in my stomach, as her fingers drew small circles around my skin.

I looked down to look at them, as my eyes stopped on her tattoo.

"What does this mean?" I asked.

"Wisdom," she said "'cause you know...I'm smart as fuck" she chuckled making me tilt my head and look at her "And also...God's protection...I did it years ago..." she justified it furrowing her nose at me.

"And you don't believe in God anymore...?" I started almost asking.

"No" she shook her head "What reasons do I have to believe in Him?" she shrugged her shoulder as I stayed quiet thinking about it "Do you believe in God?" she asked.

"Not really... I mean... I believe in the Universe... I think everything has a reason to be like we were meant to be here at the exact time, that everything that happens in our life has a reason and it's part of our path..." I said closing my eyes.

"So..." she whispered "Being taken and held hostage was all part of Universe's plan for you?" her eyebrow raised.

"I think so..." I cleared my throat "It made me stay a little longer in Wakanda... And I got to meet Riri... among other things" I chuckled.

"Well... then I'm really happy about your kidnapping" she smirked looking down at me "Your nose is starting to get a little red... We should go".

"Oh c'mon..." Shuri sighed with an amused smile on her lips while I freaked out in our bedroom "It has looked worse" she laughed.

"WHAT?!" I yelled at her turning my face away from the mirror "You told me I looked good".

It was time to go back home finally, and we were packing our bags when I had a mental breakdown over how my face looked. It was still so bruised and a little swallowed.

"You look good" she said trying to hold back her laugh.

"You lied to me you idiot" I said glancing at her and using my fingers to trace the purple spots on my skin "Jesus..."

She slowly walked over to me, surrounding me with her arms as we both stayed turned into the mirror, holding me from behind her head resting against mine.

"I think you look hella good" she whispered against my ear making me turn around to face her.

"We had sex with my face looking like this, or whatever that was" I said in a high-pitched voice causing her head to fall back laughing "How the fuck did that happened?"

"You tricked me into it" she shrugged her shoulders "It's the only logical explanation"

I rolled up my eyes at her before feeling her lips on mine, as she pulled my body against hers and her hands supported my back. Everything was falling into place. Shuri was finally starting to open herself more and let me in by each day, which made me feel a little bit safer around her.

We arrived at the small airport where our jet was, and a couple of Dora's walked by greeting us, taking our bags into the ship.

"You just need to wait a few seconds," one of them said to Shuri.

The air was so cold I started to fail at breathing. Shuri was standing in front of me, so I rested my body on her back, surrounding her with my arms on her stomach. I was smaller than her, so my cheek leaned against her shoulder as buried my face into her closing my eyes and feeling her hand slowly touching my leg behind her.

"Let's go" she whispered as I let her go and followed her into the jet.

It was warm inside, making my body relax a little while sitting down next to her. This time it was all different. Shuri leaned again the window, leaving a little space for me to fall next to her, my back resting against her chest and her arm around my shoulder, as she opened a book about the research she was doing back home. I tried to read it, but it was like reading Latin so I sighed making her laugh.

"You're too smart" I whispered turning my gaze away.

"You're pretty too" she chuckled.

"Queen Shuri" A Dora milage approached as Shuri put down her book "Okoye asked us not to tell you so you didn't get worried but, we have a new American student staying in Wakanda".

"What?" she asked as I felt her body tensing up a little "Since when?"

"A couple of days" the Dora said.

"And Okoye thought it was a good idea to let a stranger in my country without me knowing?" I pressed my body a little closer to hers noticing her starting to get angry and nervous. "Thank you" she said making the Dora turn her back.

"C'mon... it's going to be fine... I was a stranger to" I smiled at her.

"Y/N it's not the same. I was there to receive you" her voice had completely changed, making me feel a little weird and pulling away from her.

"Okay... but don't be mad at Okoye... she was.." I tried to talk.

"Being selfish" she stopped me "Don't defend her". Her eyes were tensed up, and her voice started to raise a little causing me to frown my eyes in confusion.

So, I just readjusted my body into my own seat, leaving her alone with her thoughts. Oh well, it was a fun couple of days and at least I got to enjoy a nice loving Shuri right?

I