Chapter 5-An act of kindness

The next day I decided to go to the grocery store to pick up some groceries,as I was making my way through the aisle I accidentally bumped into someone "oh my gosh I'm so sorry I...." I said as I looked up to apologize to the person I bumped into. "Oh, hey Mr silver." I said with a smile on my face "oh, Haley what a pleasant surprise. I was wondering when I would see you again." Silver said.

Making our way to the checkout counter me and Mr silver continued talking until we headed to the parking lot "you live around here?" I asked "oh, no I live about 13 minutes from here in Encino." He chuckled "wow, that's pretty amazing, but what are you doing in Reseda?" I questioned hoping that I wasn't being too invasive " well actually I'm here to help my friend the one that I told you about the day we met with his karate dojo." He replied "oh, what dojo? If you don't mind me asking." I said as he shook his head.

"No....not at all....uh cobra kai." He muttered " the friend you wouldn't happen to be talking about....would be John Kreese....would it?" I asked him praying he wouldn't say yes "why yes....yes that would be him." He replied with a chuckle "well....how do you know him?" I asked curiously "oh John and I go way back." He said with a slight smile.

"Haley do you think you could help me with something?" He asked "uh....sure." I said " I have some boxes in the back of my car....would you mind bringing them to the dojo for me?" He asked me "sure." I reply as we walk to his car to retrieve the boxes. As we make our way to the dojo he politely opens the door "oh thank you." I said as he nods at me " well thank you so very much for helping me out again Haley I....I really appreciate it." He said "oh....it was not a problem." I said.

"How can i repay you?" He asked me " no need." I replied as I waved my hand in a no need to thank me manner " please there must be something I can do for you as my way of saying thank you." He said "no....please you don't have to....I really don't mind helping you out if you need it." I replied with a smile. "Well how's about I take you and your mom out for lunch sometime." He suggested making my smile fall "um....that won't be necessary, um I'm sorry I...." I tried to say but couldn't as tears started brimming my eyes "oh my god....I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you." He quickly replied taking notice of the tears streaming down my face "no,no it's okay it's just....uh my mom....uh died when I was 10 so." I replied  " oh my gosh I'm....I'm so sorry....if I would've known I wouldn't of said that I'm sorry." He quickly replied " no it's alright Mr silver.....you have nothing to apologize for I should've probably mentioned it sooner so." I replied.

"Well how about you come by the dojo after class next week and I can show some moves." He said " really?" I asked "yeah of course." He replied " you'll give me some karate lessons." I said stunned " yeah I'll give you some lessons if you don't mind having me teach you." He replied "no....no I don't mind at all....thank you.....thank you so, so much Mr silver." I happily replied as I pulled him into an embrace " not a problem it'll be my treat." He said.