Chapter 47-Losing My Mind

"Hey.....by any chance do you think you could come over.....I really need to talk to you." I text hitting send hoping that he responds.

"Yeah of course......I'll be there in ten." Mr Larusso replied.

"Ok see you then." I replied back.

Ten minutes later Mr Larusso finally arrives at my house knocking as I open the door and let him closing and locking the door behind him as he sits down on the couch looking at me with a look of fear in his eyes and worry on his face. "Hey.....I got here as fast as I could what's going on....are you okay?" He questioned "yeah I'm fine.....it's just your really the only person I can talk to about this so." I replied looking down "talk about what with?" He questioned as I took a seat next to him on the couch turning to face him.

"Um.....I know this is gonna sound crazy but I don't know what else to do." I replied quietly "okay......whatever it is I'm willing to listen." He said nodding as he placed his hand on my knee gently "I feel like I'm losing my mind Mr Larusso." I mumbled looking down at my lap "what do you mean?" He asked "I-I.....I've tried so hard to forget the past......but every time I feel like I'm making progress everything just keeps coming back and hitting me in the face." I said with tears streaming down my face as I looked at him.

"You mean.....with your father." He murmured quietly as I nodded "I-I......I just can't deal with it anymore......I feel like I'm alone." I cried out placing my head in my hands "that's why you wanted to talk to me.....because I'm the only one who knows what you're going through." He realized "yes.....I figured you would know what to do.....or how to deal with it." I replied "oh Haley......you're not alone.....I know what that feels like......trust me I know what your father is capable of." He replied pulling me into a tight hug.

"How.....am I supposed to get past this?" I asked him as he looked down at my hand noticing my most recent injury "there.....really is no right thing for me to say to you other than.....cherish the good memories you're making now." He replied giving me a small smile "I've tried.....but every time I do it just makes things worse." I replied "I know.....I've been through this.....and it pains me to see you like this,but a very old and wise friend of mine once told me.....trees choose there own way to grow,so you must choose how you grow." He replied

"What does that mean?" I asked "it means that....you must chose your own path.....not the path that others paved for you." He replied "how am I supposed to do that.....I can't help who I am.....I was born to be a cobra kai.....I have cobra kai in my blood!" I yelled "I-I.....I understand that but.....that is not you anymore okay.....there is no such thing as a bad student only bad teacher......you understand." He replied looking at me with the hopes that he might've gotten through to me.

"Yeah.....yeah I do understand." I said smiling at him as he nodded "good." He replied happily "you know.....that was some pretty good advice you gave me.....where did you learn it from." I questioned him "my sensei.....from when I was your age.....Mr Miyagi he always gave the best advice for situations just like this." He replied smiling at the memory "he sounded like a really nice guy." I replied "yeah he was." He said with a hint of sadness in his voice.