Chapter 26-This is only the beginning

Today is the beginning of a new era for cobra kai.....my dad has brought in some new senseis from everywhere and he wants us to train with them so we can grow in strength and learn every way we can.

"When I look around today, I see the future. Now it's no secret our past has been flawed. Sensei Kreese fell victim to his demons. But John Kreese is not cobra kai. We are. We've already shown that we're champions. But that championship is merely a springboard to new heights. That's why I've brought in some of the finest senseis in the valley. Consider this their job interview. Let's all give it up. Champ is in the house." My dad said as I walked in and everyone started to clap for me as I get in line with the others "when you gonna bring your trophy in?" Kenny asked me as he leans over toward me "not today." I dully replied.

"All right, warm up. The senseis will instruct you. Let's see what they know." Silver said as he walks off and everyone disperses and I'm left alone until one of the senseis walks up to me "so you are champion, eh?" He asked me "yeah. I guess." I coldly replied "good. Then I will not go easy on you." He replied as he stares at me.

As we start to train and practice I start to slow down and not work like I used to. "You are better than this." Sensei joe said as he grumbled "how would you know? You've never seen me fight." I replied with a sigh "it is obvious. You are troubled. Maybe you do not want to train anymore now that you are champion." He said "I don't just fight for a trophy.....I wanna be strong.....to defend myself and get stronger." I angrily replied "good reasons." He replies "what about you? Why be a sensei?" I questioned him.

"Honor." He said "that's it?" I asked "that is everything. I thought I had lost my honor.....eventually, I understood. No one can take honor from you.....only you can take honor from yourself." He replied as I nodded "how's it going here sensei....." My dad asks as he walks up to us "jokichi tatsuya. Everyone calls me joe." He replied "sensei joe.....what are you working on with our champion?" My dad asked him "first train mind.....then train body." Sensei joe said as he looks at me.

"Don't let me interrupt." Silver replied as he steps back "if you want to break free of troubles, you must face them directly." He said as I sent a frightful look at my father "now focus.....center." Sensei Joe said as I get into fighting position and kick the punching glove.

As the day came to a close I was getting ready to leave when my dad stopped me to talk to me "hey sweetheart, can I talk to you for a minute?" Silver asked "yeah, what's up?" I questioned "I'm gonna need you to unleash the cobra kai student I know is in there somewhere." He said "what?" I asked "I need you at your best because this.....is only the beginning." He replied "Why? I thought we had an agreement that you wouldn't make me be that way anymore." I said "I know but, remember what I said you have to let me do things my way and no one will get hurt. You don't want a repeat of what happened last time do you?" He questioned me as tears streamed down my face "no, sir. No." I replied as he patted my shoulder "good." He said.