Chapter 39-Gaining Trust

Today I was heading to old friends place to try and see if she will let me talk to her,so that I can apologize for my actions. Once I arrive at her place I knocked on the door waiting for an answer. "Hey.....tory." I said quietly as she looked at me with worry in her eyes "what do you want?" She asked with a hint of fear in her eyes "look I'm not here to....do anything if that's what you're worried about." I replied trying to calm her down in the process.

As she looks at me with a sense of trust in my words she steps aside to let me inside, as we take a seat on the couch there is a silence.....not an awkward silence but a comfortable one "why are here?" She asked looking at me "I.....came here to apologize." I said turning to her "and why should I believe you?" She asked "look.....you don't have to believe what I tell you,but you can listen and just hear me out." I replied looking at her as she nods waiting for me to continue.

"Look.....Tory I.....I'm really, really sorry.....my behavior was inexcusable..... and I am so,so sorry." I said with tears brimming my eyes "I......forgive you Haley and I'm sorry too." She replied pulling me into a tight hug "for what?" I asked her "for not trying to do something to get you out of there before things got worse with your father.....I'm your friend and I should have been there for you when you needed me but I wasn't and I'm sorry." She said as we hugged each other once more.

"You don't owe me an apology......I should've done something to get myself out of there sooner." I replied. A little while after me and Tory finished talking I decided it was time for me to leave and head back to my apartment. Arriving at my apartment complex I get out of my car and head to my house as I walk up to the door and stick the key in to open the door I hear my phone ring picking up not bothering to check who it was on the other end.

"Hello." I said walking into my apartment shutting and locking the door behind me.

"Hey sweetheart." Someone on the other end said.

"What do you want?" I asked recognizing the voice on the other end of the line.

"I was just calling you to ask if." Silver replied as I cut him off.

"Ask me what....if I can do some of your dirty work or were you just calling to antagonize me." I said with anger laced in my voice.

"No.....I was just calling you because I wanted to see if you would like to come and see me." He replied.

"And what makes you think that I would want to come and visit you in jail?" I questioned him.

"I-I would really like to see you sweetie....just please consider it okay." He replied with hope in his voice as I hang up.