Chapter 43-Back To The Basics

Today I'm headed to Mr Larusso's place to get back to the basics of my karate training.....which basically means I'm gonna have to start training from scratch at miyagi-do,but that's fine because all the good fighters have to start somewhere right.....I guess. As I arrive at his place I get out of my car and head inside towards the dojo I feel a sense of peace run throughout my body.

"Ahh.....you finally made it." Mr Larusso said as I walk into the backyard of the dojo "hi.....Mr Larusso um where's everyone else?" I asked "not here.....it's just gonna be you and me today." He replied with a smile on his face "okay." I said "perfect.....then let's get going shall we." He said as we made our way to his car and headed off to god knows where but hopefully it won't be too bad.

"We're here." Mr Larusso said as we got out of the car and head towards the woods "what.....exactly are we doing here?" I asked "we are here to train." He replied "okay." I said excitedly "hear that?" He questioned "hear what?" I asked "I want you to close your eyes and just listen." He replied as I shut my eyes listening to the pure silence of nature. "What do you hear?" He asked "um....nothing." I said shrugging my shoulders "exactly.....no phone calls, no internet.....just you and Mother Nature."He replied smiling at me "it's beautiful out here." I said giggling.

"That's why we're here.....this is what miyagi-do karate is all about." He replied "I'm ready to start from the bottom and work my way up." I said smiling at him "come on." He replied patting me on the shoulder.

Training in nature really helped me open back up to the way I used to be......I know I can get back to the way I was it's just gonna take some time for to get back up on my feet again,so as training continues Mr Larusso and I head into the woods towards a giant tree "so what's next.....sensei?" I asked him "I want you to shed that duffel bag and get up on this tree right here." He said as I get on top of the tree "like this?" I asked "yep.....now find your balance.....alright now show me what we learned today." He replied "okay." I muttered "let's start with a front kick." He said as I demonstrated a perfect front kick "not bad.....now try a round kick." He requested as I nod demonstrating it to him.

"Is this supposed to be hard?" I asked chuckling "alright hotshot......show me a hook kick." He replied with a smirk on his face as I tried to do it but wound up falling flat on my ass "oww." I said "there it is.....you alright." He questioned "uh....yeah.....what do I do now?" I asked him "you get back up and you try it again......you let me know when you can do all the kicks without falling." He replied  walking away from me "where are you going?" I asked with a confused expression "the devils are playing the islanders on the east coast.....I'm gonna move to a spot with better service." He replied continuing to walk away.

"What happened to no distractions." I giggled " hockey doesn't count." He replied with a wave of his arms as he left me standing dumbfounded by what he just said. I continue practicing all three kicks whilst falling down in the process until I finally got all three of them down without falling off the tree.

"Yes....yes, yes, yes!" I cheered excitedly at my accomplishments as I head off to try and find Mr Larusso to tell him I finished. After what felt like hours of looking for him I finally found him doing what looks to be some kind of handstand with one hand "Mr Larusso." I said puzzlingly making him break and fall from his stance "oh my god.....are you okay?" I asked as he nodded "yeah I'm fine.....I almost did it." He replied "what were you doing?" I asked him with a look of amazement in my eyes "one of the last things Mr miyagi ever taught me....the most powerful kick in miyagi-do karate." He replied "how do you do?" I asked "I wish I could show you.....but only Mr miyagi could do it.....you have to balance your whole body on one hand which frees up two legs for the kick......I almost did once when i was in my twenties so the fact that I got this close today is pretty damn awesome." He said out of breath "yeah it is." I replied "how'd you do on the tree?" He asked as I chuckled.

"I did all of the moves without falling." I said with a huge smile on my face "good.....now that you mastered that......your ready for the next challenge." He said standing up "what's that?" I asked him "finding the car.....this place is like a maze." He said laughing as i laughed as well.