Chapter 48-The Ties That Bind

Tuesday morning rolls around as I get up get ready and head out the door ready to start my day of training with Mr Larusso at the dojo. Once I arrive I head to the backyard setting my bag down and taking a nice deep breath of fresh air enjoying the scenery of how beautiful the dojo looks during the day. "Perfect right on time." Mr Larusso said walking out from the spare dojo "yep....ready to start the day sensei." I replied as I bow as he does the same thing "alright well let's get started shall we." He said as we begin.

"Remember wax on.....wax off." Mr Larusso said coming up behind me and demonstrating it for me once more "like this?" I asked "yep....that's perfect." He replied as he walked back to where he was sitting watching me "practice". "Alright Mr Larusso.....I'm done with the cars." I said out of breath from all the work I've been doing "perfect now....you can paint the side of the house." He replied handing me a paint can and paint brush "what." I groaned "remember this is part of your training." He replied as I nodded with a look of frustration on my face as I got to work.

"Remember Haley side to side." He said watching me work "Mr Larusso.....can I take a break please?" I asked "nope.....you want to get stronger right." He questioned "yeah." I mumbled "then you must work through the pain." He said nodding at me as I continued. "Mr Larusso.....I'm all done!" I yell as he comes out from the other dojo to see that I've finished "great.....now you can paint the fence." He said with a smirk on his face as I groan "what.....I thought that was it." I said as I got back to work.

"Remember up and down.....up and down." He said watching me work with a cocky smile on his face "I still don't see what any of this has to do with karate." I replied in frustration "remember in miyagi-do everything is not as it seems." He replied as I nodded continuing my work. "I'm finished." I replied out of breath "perfect." He replied smiling at me "now what?" I asked "now you can wash the windows." He replied "this is bullshit....I thought you were gonna teach me karate and all I've been doing is your shitty chores.....I'm going home." I said angrily as I started to walk away from him.

"Haley." He said "what!" I shout "come here." He replied gesturing me to come back inside the dojo. "Show me wax on, wax off." He said throwing a punch my way but I blocked it using the technique he showed me "good.....now show me paint the fence....up and down." He said as he continued trying to hit me but I blocked his punches using the techniques he's been teaching me as we continue to spar I use everything he taught me until we stop "woah." I mumbled as he smiled at me as we face each other and bow.