Chapter 62-First Date

The next morning arrives as I wake up feeling the morning sun shining brightly through my window as I get up out of bed and head towards the shower shortly after I finish showering I head back into my bedroom to get dressed.

Once I finish getting dressed I head out making my way across the complex standing in front of the Diaz's house knocking on the door leaning on the post waiting for someone to answer hearing the door open I stand up straight with a smile on my fac...

Once I finish getting dressed I head out making my way across the complex standing in front of the Diaz's house knocking on the door leaning on the post waiting for someone to answer hearing the door open I stand up straight with a smile on my face "Haley? Uh, what's up?" Miguel asked me with a look of confusion on his face as he looked at me.

"Uh, c-can I ask you for some advice?" I asked him "uh, y-yeah sure, come on in." He said as I stepped inside taking a seat at the dining room table as he closes the door behind me "what's going on? Did something happen?" He asked me with a hint of worry in his voice as he looked at me "no, no. Nothing happened it's just....I was wondering when you and Sam broke up. You were single for a while until you guys got back together, right?" I asked him "uh, yeah. I was. Why?" He questioned.

"H-how did you get back into it?" I asked him "back into what?" He asked me "back into the dating scene with Sam. Did it just come naturally or did you have to work your way up to it?" I asked him "well, with Sam it sort of came back naturally. Does this have to do with you and Ethan?" He asked me "uh, yeah it does." I replied looking up at him with a smile on my face.

"T-that is great. I'm really happy for you. I'm happy to see you getting back into the swing of things after everything that happened with your dad. I'm really proud of you Haley." He said with a smile on his face as he pulled me into a hug "thanks Miguel. It's just I haven't been this nervous going out on a date since I was with Robby and now it's like I have idea what the hell I'm even doing." I replied making him chuckle at me "just be yourself and if he doesn't like you then he's a dumbass." He said making giggle as I nodded at him.

"Thanks for this Miguel. Oh, and tell your mom and Johnny I said hi, okay." I said before walking out as I make my way towards the parking lot pulling my phone out to call Ethan to tell him that I was ready to go.

"Hello." Ethan said once he picked up the phone on the second ring.

"Hey, it's me. Just letting you know that I'm ready to go." I said with a smile on my face.

"Alright, I'll be there in about five minutes. I just had to pick up a few things before we leave." He replied.

"Okay." I said before hanging up the phone.

[.....]
A few minutes later Ethan arrives and we head off to Golf n'stuff for our date shortly after arriving we park the car and head inside as we make our way through the various arcade games that are in the building before making our way out the back to the mini golf course.

"Let's make a bet. If I win, you have to buy me any stuffed animal I want." I said looking at him with a smile on my face "okay. And if I win you have to agree to go on another date with me." He said holding his hand out for me to shake "deal." I replied shaking his hand.

[.....]
"Oh, and that's a whole-in-one. Which means I win." I exclaimed happily as he chuckled at me "alright, alright. Come on little lady, let's go get you a stuffed animal." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me back inside towards the prize counter.

"What can I get for you guys?" The clerk asked us "one stuffed animal, please." Ethan said as the clerk nodded "take your pick." The clerk said pointing at all of the different animals of all shapes and sizes "I'll take that one." I said pointing to a stuffed bear "here you go." The clerk said handing it to me "thank you." I said waving at him.

"Well, I think that's it for tonight

"Well, I think that's it for tonight." He said as we made our way towards the exit before hopping back in the car taking off back to our apartment complex.

[....]
Once we arrive we hop out of the car before making our way up the pathway towards the water fountain "so, about that other date?" He asked me "yes." I said looking up at him with a smile on my face "yes?" He asked me "yes I'll go on another date with you Ethan." I replied leaning up and kissing him on the cheek before making my way inside my apartment "tomorrow then at 8:00." He said as I nodded at him.