Diary Entry

Adrien and Plagg both quickly stopped talking as they heard talking coming from downstairs. He was getting good at losing track of time.
Adrien looked down at his phone. It was 11:42pm.

"Oh no..." He whispered. He hoped they hadn't missed him at home yet.

"It still doesn't explain the letter she left. Was it really an accident?"

"We shouldn't worry with it right now, dear. We will talk to her when she wakes up."

He quickly flipped the desk lamp off and slipped into the closet. He sat in the corner, peeking out of the crack just in case they came in.

"But what if she doesn't? You heard what the doctor said, she has a few cracked ribs, a bruised lung, concussion..."

"Tom, honey, let's be positive about this. She will wake up. She will be okay. Alright?"

Adrien heard Tom sigh. It sounded like they were right outside of Marinette's room, under the trap door.

"I hope so..."

He heard footsteps fade down the hall but he still sat there for a moment to make sure they were gone for sure.

"Letter? She left a letter for them before she left. I wonder..."

Adrien's arm bumped into a small box beside him, making it fall over. His eyes widened when he saw what fell out.

"The book!" He picked it up, looking at the cover. He recognized it from somewhere but couldn't place it.

And then something caught his attention that made his eyes widen even more. Along with the other personal items that fell out of the box, a small journal with the initial 'M' was printed on the front. His heart pounded as he put the book down and picked up the journal instead. He didn't want to read it because it seemed personal but then again... curiosity always killed the cat.

He pressed his back against the cold wall and pulled his knees to his chest. The light coming in through the crack was just enough for him to be able to squint his eyes just enough for him to see what was written on the pages.

When he opened the first page it read,

• This Diary Belongs To Marinette Dupain-Cheng •

He hesitated before continuing. If she found out, he probably wouldn't have her trust anymore. She'd probably hate him. But if she didn't find out...

Adrien gripped the notebook tightly before quickly flipping the page. His eyes scanned over the words for anything important, even though he didn't know what he was looking for exactly.

The first entry must have started the day before Adrien was ever allowed to go to school.

' Today was our first semester back at school. I tried sitting in my usual seat, but Chloe made me sit by the new girl. I think her name is Alya. She's very pretty and nice.

Chloe mentioned something about one of her childhood friends. He was supposed to come today but he never showed up. If he's anything like Chloe, I'm definitely staying away. I don't want her or anyone else trying to ruin my life again. '

Adrien smiled at the words written on the paper, knowing she was talking about him. The next entry only proved him right.

'  Today has been eventful. Words can't explain the weird things that have been happening to me lately.

Anyways, Chloe's friend came today. I thought he tried to put gum on my seat and it pissed me off.
But I was wrong... he apologized and tried to fix something that Chloe did. And... he gave me his umbrella. It was raining and I forgot mine.