Feelings Are Fatal

It had been almost two weeks since the incident and every day since then, Adrien had gone to visit Marinette. He would bring her the work she missed from school so she wouldn't get behind and when there was an akuma attack, he'd fill her in on the details.

He could tell that she was getting more comfortable with him and that made him feel like he was doing something right. She also wasn't stuttering as much as she use to.

It was the first day of April and the weather was starting to warm up. Adrien was starting to get use to his daily routine.

Go to school.
Take notes.
Bring them to Marinette.
Tell father fencing practice was extended.
Stay with Marinette until visiting hours were over.
Sneak back home as Chat Noir.

And on the weekends, he would visit after his photo shoots.

It was perfect!

Until today.

Adrien walked to the hospital and signed in at the front desk like usual. He took the elevator up but when he got to her room, she wasn't there. He went to a nurses station that was near by to ask if she'd been moved again.

"How may I help you?"

"I came to visit Marinette but..."

"She went home this morning. Her parents weren't able to sign her out and pick her up so they called someone else. I think his name was... Lukas? Luke? Something like that."

"Luka." Adrien dead panned and grumbled his name out in a somewhat jealous tone. He knew exactly who she was talking about.

"Yes! Luka. That was him. He was really nice when I met him. He said him and Ms. Dupain-cheng we're close."

"I'm sure he did. Thank you."

Adrien frowned, turning away and getting back on the elevator.

He decided to visit her at the Bakery, assuming she was home. When he got there and opened the door which signaled the small bell to ring, Sabine and Tom both turned around at the same time.

"Welcome to- Oh! Adrien! How are you doing?"

They both welcomed him with warm smiles.

"I'm great. Thank you for asking. How are you?"

Adrien sat down at a somewhat secluded table in the corner of the room, watching the two busy bakers.

"We're wonderful! Marinette was able to come home today but we have so many orders to fill... we tried calling your father first since we don't have your phone number and his assistant answered? Nathalie, I believe was her name? And she said you had a tight schedule so we decided to call Luka instead. You know, him and Mar-"

Ding Ding.

The door swung open, cutting off Sabine's words. Marinette and Luka both walked in at the same time, his arm hung over her shoulder as they were both laughing.

"Luka, you're amazing! Thank you for coming to get me. I know I can always count on you!"

Adrien crossed his arms and frowned, seeing his princess with that... guy. Tom looked back and forth between Luka and Adrien. He knew what Adrien was thinking from the look on his face.

"Oh look! It's Agreste!" Luka smirked, giving him a small wave. Sometimes, making Adrien jealous was fun. He didn't do it to be mean, he just wanted him to see what he was missing.

Marinette's head whipped around until her eyes landed on him. Her face flushed pink as she gave him an awkward wave back.

Adrien waved back hesitantly. Not at Luka, of course. He was waving at Marinette and Marinette only.