Thunderstorm

Marinette laid on her bed, staring at the dark ceiling. It was nearly 2:00 in the morning and she couldn't make herself fall asleep.

A loud boom filled the silence around her, making her jump. It was quickly followed by a bright flash of lightning.
Marinette sighed and closed her eyes as the steady sound of rain filled in between the thunder and her soft breaths.

She was starting to finally fall asleep until the sound of the rain dripping on her window became uneven.

Drip.

Tap Tap.

Drip.

Tap Tap Tap.

Wait... that's not rain.

Her eyes shot open as she saw a dark figure at her window. The lightning that flashed behind him, made him look almost like an akumatized villain.
She sat up and threw her legs off the side of the bed.

She made her way to the door, finally being able to see the person on the other side, even though she already knew who it was.
He was soaking wet and shivering as his green eyes stared at her through the glass.

"Chat Noir?"

She quickly opened the door but was met with a cool wind, making her shiver.

"C-Can I c-come in?"

She grabbed his arm and yanked him inside.

"Why are you out in this weather? It's dangerous!"

"I d-didn't want t-to be a-alone"

She pulled him to the bathroom and shoved some towels in his hands.

"Here, take a hot shower. You'll get sick!"

He watched as she frantically turned the water on, sticking her hand under to make sure it wasn't too hot or too cold. He smiled, seeing how much she cared for him.
She gave him a quick smile and left the bathroom.

A flash of green lit up the room as he detransformed.

"Kid, you owe me three wheels of Camembert. Dragging me out in weather like this is unnecessary! Unless of course, you're going to get more cheese."

"If you want Camembert, go ask Marinette. I'm sure she'll get you some."

He pulled his wet clothes off and stuck them outside of the door as he stepped into the warm shower. Plagg grumbled and disappeared through the door, going to find Marinette.

After he finished his shower, he wrapped himself in a towel and cracked the door open a bit.

"Marinette?"

"Your clothes just finished drying!"

He smiled as she poked them through the door and quickly changed back into them as Plagg returned, rubbing his stomach and licking his lips.

"Kid! You should see the stashes of cheese they keep! I'd be in heaven for the rest of my life if we stayed here forever."

"Her parents own the bakery, Plagg. Of course they have lots of cheese."

The blonde rolled his eyes and held his ring out towards Plagg, making him grumble.

"Plagg, claws out!"

Marinette sat on her bed, watching the rain drops slide down her window. She occasionally squinted her eyes at the bright flash of lightning. Chat Noir opened the bathroom door as another roll of Thunder shook the room. Marinette didn't even have time to blink as he jumped beside her, hugging her tightly.

"Are you scared of the storm?"

She whispered quietly above his head that rested on her chest.

"A l-little"

"Who would've thought the brave hero, Chat Noir would be scared of storms?"

She teased, the blonde poked his lip out like a small child and frowned.

"I'm just messing with you. I think everyone has fears and that's okay."

"I-It's really okay?"

Marinette pushed her fingers through his messy damp blonde hair and smiled.

"Of course it is, Kitty. I have fears myself."

"You do?"

"Mhm! A few actually. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that you feel better. You're taking care of me all the time, so it's my turn to return the favor."

"Can I... ask you a question? It's sorta off topic but it's something that's been bothering me."

"Of course, what's wrong?"

Chat Noir sat up and started to fidget with the leather on his gloves.

"I'm afraid that you won't like who I am outside of being Chat Noir."

He mumbled quietly, finally looking back up at her with sad eyes. His entire life, he craved some type of acceptance. He never got it from his father, and his so called "fans" accepted him but only because he was the son of Gabriel. They didn't accept him for who he actually was like Marinette did.

"Chaton, I don't care who's behind that mask. You're perfect the way you are. You don't have to try to be someone different to be accepted by me. You're a wonderful partner. I couldn't ask for anything more. I'm sure whoever hides underneath is just as great as you are."

"You really think so?"

"I know so."

The blonde smiled and laid his head in her lap, staring up into her blue eyes as she played with his hair.

"Can I ask you another question?"

She nodded her head as she twisted his golden locks around her fingers.

"Why'd you jump?"

————————————————

This chapter didn't go as planned, I'll make up for it in the next chapter 😅