A 'Friendly' Date

When they got outside of the building, Adrien didn't let go of her hand. Instead, he turned to her with a grin.

"Are you hungry? We can find somewhere to eat and then get some ice cream. If you're okay with that, of course."

"Yes! I would love to!"

"I know a place we can go. My mom used to take me when I was younger. I haven't been there since..."

His voice trailed off as he looked over at Marinette, hoping she'd understand.

"It's okay, Adrien. I know what you're talking about."

She gave him a reassuring smile as he started walking again.

When they got to the Eiffel Tower, Marinette looked confused. She knew there was a restaurant on the second floor of the Eiffel Tower, but it was super expensive and she'd never been. It was a very fancy restaurant.

"A-Adrien maybe we should go somewhere else?"

She looked up at the large sign that read, Le Jules Verne with a small frown as Adrien looked at her.

"No! I think this place is perfect."

"B-But I'm not dressed to eat at a place this elegant. And it's probably a little..."

"Expensive? It's fine! I don't mind paying. And don't worry, you look beautiful just the way you are."

She blushed and tried to find another excuse to go somewhere else. She didn't think it was right for him to pay for her. It wasn't his place to do that even if he did have a lot of money.

"But don't you have to have reservations?"

"Not if your father knows the manager"

He winked and gave her hand a slight squeeze before pulling her inside. She finally gave up and followed along beside him. Marinette watched as the city grew smaller as the elevator took them higher until it stopped at the second level of the Eiffel Tower. Adrien pulled her out and smiled at the man behind the counter.

"Bonjour! Monsieur Agreste. I haven't seen you in a while. Dining for two this evening?"

Adrien nodded his head and let go of the girls hand, putting it around her waist instead.

"Oui, Jacques. Only two today."

"It has been quite sometime, young man. I do have to say, you look so much like your mother."

Adrien looked down at his feet with a sad smile.

"Thank you, Jacques."

Jacques pulled out two menus and led them to a table that was sitting in a corner by the window. Marinette felt out of place as everyone was wearing nice dresses and she was wearing an every-day outfit. She pulled at the bottom of her skirt as she sat down, realizing how short it actually was.

She glanced over the menu, trying to find the cheapest thing on there which was nearly impossible. When the waiter came back, Adrien ordered his food along with Marinette.

"What do you think?"

"It's... very fancy."

"I guess it is a little fancy but it's fine!"

"Adrien, you didn't have to bring me here. We could've just went back to my place and got something there."

"But I wanted to bring you here. Do you not like it?"

"No! No! I love it, it's just that, I don't want you to spend this kind of money on me. It's not fair, I can't offer anything like this to you in return."