Saying Goodbye

~Kuina's p.o.v.~

"There you go again reading that book," Suigetsu groaned. I rolled my eyes and ignored him as I flipped the page in my book. I knew he wasn't actually annoyed with me reading, but was simply bored and needed a better target than Karin at the moment. He got tired of doing that after a few days here. Unfortunately I wasn't in the mood to play along. Ever since we got here, Tobi separated the rest of us from Sasuke while he recovered and I did not like the notion of Sasuke being alone with the Akatsuki.

Suigetsu's eye twitched when I turned to another page, "why are you still here Kuina? That Tobi guy didn't let you have Itachi, so you basically just lost time and money. Aren't you upset? Shouldn't you be searching for your next score?" he asked. I slammed my book shut and smirked when I saw Suigetsu flinch thinking he had actually made me upset. I looked up at the sky and sighed, "since I've been with you guys, I've been fed, kept healthy, entertained, and there's been plenty of people for me to kill. If he'll have me, I might just stick around a little while longer," I admitted.

"WHAT!?" Karin yelled at me as she got in my face. I chuckled and pushed her glasses up on her face, "what can I say? You guys have grown on me," I teased her. She was about to say something else, but someone interrupted us. "Sasuke, is ready to see you all again," Tobi claimed in his serious voice again. Something told me we weren't going to see that other side of him anytime soon, and that this was in fact his normal side. I knew he was sketchy as hell!

We followed him out of the hideout on the edge of the sea. The sun was lowering now casting a beautiful orange color in the sky and water, and thoughts of Naruto filled my heart again. I wanted to go home, to see my brother, and to bring Sasuke back with me, but as much as I wanted this all to be over now that Itachi was dead... I knew better. At the edge, waiting for us was Sasuke. He was standing on the tallest rock and looking out over the water with his back towards us. "We are no longer the Hebi. From this day on, our team will be the Taka. And Taka has but one goal. Our mission... is to destroy the Hidden Leaf" Sasuke growled. His voice was strained, but there was no doubt about the words that had come out of his mouth.

I closed my eyes and took a small breath not liking what I was going to have to do next. I laughed and held on to my stomach. Oh wow Sasuke, that's great. You're hilarious when you suffer extreme blood loss. Did you hit your head or something?" I asked. Sasuke turned and glared at me revealing his angry tear stained face. "Whoah, for real? Sasuke I hate the village lovers as much as the next person, but that's an impossible goal," I lectured him.

"No one expects you to go along with it, just don't get in my way," he shot at me. My smile dropped and I straightened my posture, "you're actually serious about it? I thought you were smart Sasuke, but this? That's suicide! If you already miss your brother that much that you want to join him you could have just asked," I told him my own voice changing in tone as I pulled out Suraisu. "Hold on Kuina, what's gotten into you? I thought you'd love the idea to take down The Leaf Village?" Suigetsu asked as he got between Sasuke and me.

"Shut up Suigetsu. You don't know anything about my values and goals." I growled at him. "One thing you seem to have forgotten about is that I care about no one but myself. I hate village lovers more than anyone because I hate what they do and represent. The hypocrisy and underlying evil as they mix their blood with others, it's disgusting! But even I know you can't just take on an entire village that's idiotic." I lectured. "Well, why do you care so much then? Weren't you just talking about joining Sasuke?" Karin asked.

I turned and pointed my blade accusingly at Sasuke, "I saw a man who stood for something before. I wanted Itachi for the money, yes, but also because I despise those who wipe out entire clans for nothing other than on a sheer wim. A whole line of purebloods gone because of one man's actions. I believe Sasuke held those same values, but this standing above me as if he is somehow greater than me. That is not a man, that's the shadow of Itachi," I spat at Sasuke, and in the blink of an eye Sasuke appeared in front of me.