Recruit Number 2: Karin The Bitch

~Sasuke's p.o.v.~

"Okie dokie! While you guys go shopping, I'm gonna go exploring. Bye bye," Kuina said before she disappeared in a puff of smoke as if she was a deactivated clone and not simply using her transportation jutsu. We had just arrived in the Land of Waves, and I figured I knew exactly what she was about to go do. "Huh!? You really allow her to just disappear like that? Also, when did she create a clone!?" Suigetsu freaked out.

"Your errand isn't her business, so she won't get involved. As long as she doesn't cause trouble for me, she's allowed to do as she likes. As for her clone, she's been like that since you two met" I explained. "What!?" he shouted back at me. I gave him a small smirk, but didn't meet his gaze, "she's a trained assassin Suigetsu, and she already has several enemies. Did you really think she'd show you the real her so easily?" I asked.

"So you've seen the real her?" he asked. I shook my head, "Sasuke! Don't tell me you have a literal assassin following you around, but you haven't even seen the real her!" he freaked. "Then I won't say it. Come on, stop whining. We're here for your sword aren't we?" I asked him, my smirk replaced with a frown as my eye twitched in annoyance while Suigetsu muttered under his breath about wondering how Kuina had enough chakra to pull off a stunt like that. Buddy you have no idea.

~(Y/n)'s p.o.v.~

I transported myself to a well shaded part of Inari's house before I changed back into my usual clothes. Once I was done with that, I took a moment for myself just to breathe and understand my situation and to remember who I was. I hadn't been forced to do anything sketchy just yet, but still. Would I be able to stay undercover when the time came? Would I be able to forgive myself if I did?

Once I calmed down, I moved into the house just outside Inari's room. As always, his door was cracked open slightly, but there wasn't anyone inside the room. That was odd. I creeped into his room slowly and explored the area. It was clean, but a lot more bare than the last time I had been here. There was even a layer of dust settling in. That was strange. Where had he gone?

I quietly explored the rest of the top part of the house before I realized that Tazuna's room was in a similar state. Tsunami had the room below, so I hadn't been able to check hers yet, but by the sounds I could hear in the kitchen, I was sure she was here at least. Still, I didn't want to frighten her, so I transported myself back to the front of the house and knocked like a normal person.

She was quick to answer the door and even faster at forming a smile on her face, "(Y/n)! Well this is a lovely surprise," she cheered as she went in for a hug. I returned the favor and we held each other tightly for a moment. "How've you been?" I asked her when we finally pulled away from each other. "I've been wonderful. Although, it's been a little too quiet around here recently. Inari and my father took a bridge building job down in the land of lightning," she explained. My eyes widened, "the land of lightning? No kidding. How long are they going to be away for?" I asked.

"If everything goes right, it'll still be a year from now," she admitted. "A year!? Man, why didn't you go with them Tsunami?" I asked. She shook her head and smiled at me, "I didn't want to be a bother. Oh, where are my manners? Come in, come in. I just made lunch and accidentally made too much again. Still not used to cooking for one, would you like to join me?" she asked. I knew from the many times I've visited here that Zabuza's sword was no longer at his grave, and I even knew of its current location, not that I was going to tell Suigetsu that, but I still wondered how long I could stay away from the two of them before Suigetsu started asking too many questions. And I didn't like leaving Sasuke alone with him! But honestly, would I really be needed any time soon? Still, Sasuke could take care of himself and the longer I can stay away from 'sir talks a lot', the better! "Tsunami you know I'd never skip out on a home cooked meal by you," I told her.