What happened?

~Jiraiya's p.o.v~

With the help of Gamatatsu and Gamakichi using a water jutsu, we were able to wash away the blood from (Y/n)'s body so that Tsunade could get a better look at her. She ended up having to rip off (Y/n)'s shirt to see the damage done, leaving her in just a black sports bra with an orange outline, and I could already feel that somehow I was going to be the one she blamed for this. Come to think of it, I haven't seen her in her jacket since the chunin exams. I wonder if she got tired of it?

"Hey you big perv quit staring at her would ya? Or I'll tell my dad on you," Gamakichi warned me. "W-what!? You idiot! I wasn't staring at her like that!" I shouted at him. "Uh-huh sure. Don't think I don't know that you're a big perv ya big perv. Word gets around where I'm from," he taunted me again. "Why you little. Get lost already! Both of you!" I shouted at him and his brother.

"Aw but we haven't been given any snacks yet. Even after I gathered up all those kunai knives that scary girl left everywhere for you," Gamatatsu whined. "These toads are going to be the death of me," I groaned as I dug inside my bag and found some treats for them. "Here, now go home," I said as I tossed the treats up in the air. The brothers jumped up to catch them and disappeared in a cloud of smoke. "What am I gonna do with those two," I complained.

"Alright. I've done what I can now. It seems that the ninetail's chakra has finally kicked in as well." Tsunade explained as she stood up and wiped the sweat from her brow. I turned to look at (Y/n) who was properly bandaged now, but something felt off. The amount of blood seeping through both of her bandages was extremely concerning. "I think there was something unique about the blade Orochimaru used on her," I mentioned.

"Hmm? If he had used poison, we'd have both been dead by now," Tsunade explained. "No not that. Hmm. Never mind. What matters is that you healed her right? How are your own injuries?" I asked. Tsunade winced and I saw her skin begin to wrinkle, "I've done all I can for her right now, but she definitely needs to get to a hospital as soon as possible. Everyone needs to rest for today, but then we need to head home first thing tomorrow," she explained.

"Hm, it's funny you know," I mumbled. "I don't see what is so funny," Tsunade replied. "One of the advantages we had in this situation was that (Y/n) could get the injured out of the situation. No one accounted for her being the injured however. I doubt even she did," I explained as I picked (Y/n)'s unconscious body up as gently as I possibly could and held her in my arms bridal style.

I ended up having to make a clone of myself to carry Naruto's unconscious body while Shizune helped to steady Tsunade. We walked back into town where we then went up to Tsunade's hotel. We set the kids down on the same bed and Tsunade redid (Y/n)'s bandages before going and washing herself up in the bathroom.

Once she was out, it was my turn to clean up and Tsunade was passed out in the other bed by the time I was finished. "Wow, it's been a minute since I've seen her so exhausted after a battle," I pointed out to Shizune. "Yeah. But, everyone is okay now, and that's what matters. Although, I hate to admit it, but (Y/n)'s injuries still have me a bit worried," she explained. "Hey. Do me a favor Shizune would ya?" I asked.

"Oh sure Master Jiraiya what is it?" she asked. "When Naruto wakes up..." I started before I turned and gave me a look void of emotion, "do not say what you just told me to him." I warned her. Her body visibly shrank away from me as her face turned pale, "y-yes sir," she stuttered. I sighed and relaxed my face, "sorry it's just, everything those two have is laying right beside them. It has always been just them. I'm not sure if they could handle losing one another. Especially when they have so little control over the ninetails. You saw what happened to (Y/n) today. For a moment, she left the battlefield," I explained.