You've Grown, but Have You Grown Up?

~Kakashi's p.o.v.~

"It looks like all the paperwork is here. Good work Kakashi, and welcome home from your mission," Tsunade said as she looked up at me from the packet of papers I had just given her. "As always it's good to be back." I responded. "I think you know what your next mission is, correct? I know you just got back from a week's long mission, but I really need this one done immediately," she insisted.

"Hmm? Oh that? Yes (Y/n) and I have already planned our battle. I can make it happen tonight if that's what you want," I admitted. "Hold on. I know (Y/n) is an eager woman, but how did you get her to agree to fight you so quickly?" Shizune asked. I turned to look at her, "actually before I left for this mission I got to speak with her for a moment, and she instigated the fight herself." I explained.

"But why would she do that?" Shizune continued. I turned my attention back over to Tsunade, "we have a little bet going on. Mostly the winner gets a friendly jab at the loser, however," I trailed off for a moment. "However?" Tsunade repeated, indicating for me to continue my sentence. I sighed, "however, she's got a mission of her own and has demanded that if she wins I must tell her all I know about her parents," I explained.

Tsunade smirked, "a motivated fight. This'll be interesting for sure, but..... Tell me Kakashi. How does she know you're one of the two people that would know the most about those two? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't she barely a toddler at that time?" Tsunade asked. I scratched the back of my head in thought, "I've been wondering that as well. At first I thought it was a lucky guess, but she even remembers the nickname she gave me as a toddler. It's hard to know what exactly she does know, but I think we've underestimated her mind for far too long." I claimed.

"Now that is a very true statement. Alright Kakashi, go tell (Y/n) the time and place and I will make sure everyone else that needs to be there is as well. I can already tell that this battle will be one no one will want to miss," Tsunade spoke. I nodded my head and left her office to go find (Y/n). For someone who stands out in a crowd, looks wise, and tends to keep a normal schedule, (Y/n) can be a hard one to track down when she wants to be. Or when someone needs to track her down.

She wasn't at home, it wasn't time for any of her three runs, but either way she wasn't on her running path, she wasn't in the market, and she wasn't training with Team Guy. Where the hell was this kid!? "(Y/n)? Oh, she doesn't train with us until later. Right now she's training with Kurenai. They're in the Inuzuka Clan's territory I believe," Tenten informed me. "Thanks," I responded tiredly before I began to walk away. "Hold on, why do you need her? Is it an emergency?" Neji asked.

I shook my head, "no not exactly. Well I guess you two will learn about it soon enough. Jonin especially are suggested to be at the second training ground later tonight for (Y/n)'s trial. Although, she doesn't know it's a trial, so please keep that under wraps." I insisted. "Oh wow for real? Already?" Tenten asked. "No one will be disappointed if she fails, but a trial is the best way to know exactly what she has learned over these past two years. It's a two birds with one stone type of ordeal," I explained.

"But who is her challenger?" Guy asked. "You're looking at him," I answered. I left before Guy and Lee's faces could go back to non shock and headed towards the Inuzuka Clan's section of the village.

Finally I found her and two of her clones sitting on a porch frozen stiff in front of a sitting Kurenai who was watching her carefully. Kiba and Akamaru were training out in the open working on their duo attacks and Shino was sparring with Hinata. I walked up just in time to see the light return to two of the (Y/n)'s eyes as they both gasped for air and fell forwards barely catching themselves with their hands. "Good, that's two out of three. You're getting better," Kurenai praised her before the third (Y/n) seemed to come back to reality as well.