Final Recruit: Jugo The Mystery

~Kuina's p.o.v.~

"Suigetsu, try and steal my book out of my hands one more time, and I'll stuff you inside a jar," I threatened him in a happy go lucky tone of voice. "Yeesh, what's the big deal with that book anyway? I thought you said it was just something you stole off of a contract kill before? So why can't I look at it? And why are you so protective of it?" he asked me. "You sound like a baby whining because his parents won't let him play with a knife. And I don't want you manhandling my book because you are literally one of the book's worst enemies. Water. And it'll be a pain apologizing to Sasuke after I kill you for destroying my book." I explained

"You'd kill someone over a book?" Karin asked as she turned her head to look behind her at me. "Don't get all moral compass on me, Four Eyes," I shot back at her before I looked back at my book ignoring her shocked face that I would once again insult her. Suigetsu was right, I had told him when he asked that the book I was reading had once belonged to a target I took out. I told him that the man was just sitting there out in the open reading this book, and how it obviously looked like a trap for me. For hours I thought I was going to be ambushed if I attacked him, and for hours he just sat there reading! Eventually my patients wore out and I said fuck it. To my surprise there was no ambush, and he truly had just gone out to read. I told Suigetsu I read the book now to prove that I am better than my targets by doing exactly what they were doing before they were killed and obviously not being killed myself.

However, this is clearly a lie. The truth is this book was a gift from Kakashi and Asuma. Apparently they had been conspiring together to get me a birthday present. Asuma had just returned with the last piece of it the day we met up at the tea shop, then spent the next day putting it together, before finally gifting it to me that very next day in Kakashi's hospital room.

~Flashback~

"Wait, so you got me something because I'm stressed, but I have to go to the hospital for it? The one place I feel the most stressed?" I asked Asuma as we walked down the sidewalk to enter the hospital. He chuckled, "yeah, don't worry it'll be fine. We're going to Kakashi's room, so if you want-," "I can just climb and jump into his room saving me from the rest of the hospital? Fuck yeah!," I shouted interrupting Asuma before I left, doing exactly as I had just said I would do.

"(Y/n)? What are you doing here again? Do you have some more questions?" Kakashi asked as I hopped down from his window. "No, I've got everything ordered and in progress right now. Thank you for the advice again. Actually I'm here because Asuma said he has something for me, but can't give it to me unless I was in this spot. So while he's not here to save you, fess up. What did you two do?" I asked as I narrowed my eyes on him.

"What? Me? I've been stuck in this bed this whole time. I have no idea what Asuma would want to meet up in here for," he said, sarcasm practically drowning each word he said. Kakashi was a good lier, so the fact that he was allowing me to know he was lying just confused me more. I stared at him in silence before Asuma finally showed up, "Hmm? (Y/n) leave the poor man alone. I promise you'll like what we have to say," he insisted as he shut the door behind him and walked closer to the two of us.

"Alright then, what is it?" I asked. Asuma and Kakashi looked at each other, seeming to have a mental conversation before Asuma reached in his pocket for something, "this was originally Kakashi's idea, he wanted to give this to you as a birthday present and knew I most likely had access to information like this. I've told you once that I used to be a member of the Twelve Guardian Ninja before it was disbanded, and I made a friend there Chiriku. He's a monk now and lives in the Fire Temple giving him tons of access to information, especially on the past," he explained before he pulled out a book and handed it to me.