Two Parts Of A Coin

Third Person POV

All the students were taking a lunch break in order to restore their energy. Todoroki instead took izuku aside wanting to confront him about 'an important discussion'.

"Now that we are here, how can I help you todoroki-kun?" asked izuku.

Shoto didn't say anything instead he stared coldly at the other teen whom only smiled back for a few moments.

"You made me break my promise, I was so overwhelmed with your strength that I broke the oath I had to not use my left side in battle." said todoroki, breaking the silence.

That statement made izuku wonder why his classmate had such a vow on himself even thought his left side might help him in various ways.

"I noticed also that the 2 times you won and saw Izumi or allmight you glared at them so what in the world is the relationship you two hold with the number one hero." added todoroki.

"And why should I answer anything? I'd gladly give you what you need for one thing in return. I'd like to know why you had such a vow placed on yourself even thought the usage of your fire half would be vitally practical for your hero career." said izuku.

"If that's the case then I'll answer, my father is the number 2 hero which I'm sure you are aware of considering how smart you are, you being connected to the number one hero means that we are meant to be rivals just as much as they are. My old man's only goal is to reach the top which is why he's trying to take down allmight and become the number one hero. My father couldn't do that as he wasn't strong enough, instead he bribed my mother's family to take her and make a kid that had both the hot and cold sides, me. All of the memories of my mother were her crying, she once called my left side unbearable as she poured boiling hot water on my face.
The reason I plan on defeating you is to show my father that I am strong enough to be at the top while rejecting his power and I promise you that I am going to beat you." explained todoroki.

Izuku's emotions where in a roller-coaster as he didn't know whether he should feel bad for his classmate or feel furious over the number 2 pro hero's actions.

Izuku sighed as he stepped in front of todoroki and gave him a pat on the shoulder before going back to his first place.

"I'm sorry for the actions of your father todoroki-kun but it's my turn to confess my part. As you know me and Izumi are siblings, and what I expected from nearly everyone to notice is our parents since we both have the literal same hair as our parents. Anyways I don't want to extend this conversation but I do respect that you noticed my actions towards Allmight, my father. " spoke izuku.

Todroki was taken back by the last sentence but he said nothing as he considered it as another reason to beat the green haired teen and show that he didn't require his father's help.

"And obviously everyone knows that allmight is married to magneta, my mother. I've never had a good relationship with my family and it isn't just because I don't feel like getting close to my family. It was back when I was 4 and I was diagnosed as 'quirkless' as the doctor that scanned my quirk didn't know how it works and said that it was 'useless'. After hearing that ,my parents started to completely neglect me not providing me with even my basic human needs like money, water, food or whatever else. My sister and childhood best friend 'Kachan' whom you all know as 'Bakugo' started bullying me, in fact the entire school bullied me and not bullied me as in insulted me. I was constantly beaten to near death on the daily basis by, the students and sometimes even some teachers, using their quirks on me since they considered me a pathetic excuse of a kid dreaming to become a hero. All my clothes were torn up because of the bullying, I was constantly starving for days when I couldn't find food at home nor had any money to buy food, whenever I tried to talk to my parents they'd just push me away, literally, saying that they have no time for me and then focusing back on my sister. This, dear todoroki, is what kind of relationship I have with the number one hero that you and your father plan to bypass." explained izuku.

Todoroki was overwhelmed with all the information he was given that he didn't notice izuku stepping away as the lunch break was done and the bell rang.

"Make sure to defeat everyone so we could get to fight each other todoroki." ordered izuku as he went back to the school.

Todoroki sighed as he nodded and followed his classmate back into the arena.

Izuku and todoroki entered the arena and everyone else was already waiting for them and for mic to start explaining.

"ALL RIGHT EVERYONE IT'S THE TIME FOR THE THIRD AND LAST PHASE OF THE UA SPORTS FESTIVAL. WE HAVE 16 STUDENTS WHO HAVE ADVANCED INTO THE TOURNAMENT PART OF THE FESTIVAL AND NOW IT'S THEIR TIME TO SHINE BY FIGHTING EACH OTHER TO SHOW US WHICH ONE WINNER WILL DESERVE THE TOP SPOT. AND THE PERSON TO DRAW OUT THE COMPETETORS IS MIDNIIIGHT" Announced mic.

Before Midnight commenced the drawing to determine the pairing for the tournament event, Mashirao requested withdrawal from the event, saying that his participation in the Human Cavalry Battle was done by being manipulated and insinuated that it was because of Hitoshi's Quirk.

Mashirao said that he understood that the tournament event is a rare opportunity and that walking away would be foolish, but while everyone had given their best on their own, he didn't due to being manipulated.

Nirengeki Shoda from Class 1-B also requested to resign, feeling that he didn't deserve to participate in the tournament event for the same reason as the one before.

Midnight, liking their reasoning for resignation, accepted Mashirao and Nirengeki's requests for withdrawal from the tournament event.

Midnight then said that the open slots would be filled in by the team that placed fifth: Team Kendo, but Team Kendo decided to give the opportunity to Team Tetsutetsu, much to Tetsutetsu's happiness.

Midnight then announced that Tetsutetsu and Ibara will be replacing Mashirao and Nirengeki.

After the drawing took place, Midnight showed the pairings for the tournament event.

Izuku saw that his opponent is Hitoshi Shinso.

Izuku smiled as he decided to take revenge for his friend getting manipulated and that was exactly what he did.

Chapter done.

Tell me what you think.

Sorry if there are any mistakes

Love yall <3