In You, I Trust

MinJun

It had been about two and half weeks since I was able to see Juniper. She's been working on her concept project. I love her tenacity, when she puts her mind to something she focuses really hard and gives her everything. I'm sure she's going to get that position, I have no doubt in her whatsoever. She's amazing. She has been through so much to keep going on, she has hope that things will turn around no matter what type of obstacles adversity may bring. She encouraged me to get back into dancing, something I absolutely love. She saw me before I saw myself; she hadn't seen me dance and yet she had such positive encouragement. It made me want to feel that inspiration all the time; she made me feel good about myself again. She woke something in me that I had put to sleep a long time ago - my heart started beating again.

I figured today I would stop by her place and have a little fun. She called me and she said that she had just Friday night available, as she was going to be busy again this weekend. It's been 3 weeks of weekends in a row, and we used to live for these weekends. The weekend was the only time we had to get away from work, text messages and video calls. We would be together, touching, feeling and seeing each other in real life. I wanted to touch her face and see the small pores in her satin, caramel skin as I looked into her chocolate brown eyes. I miss seeing the little corner dimples next to her lips as she smiles. I miss being able to hear her laugh, watching her throw her head back with her eyes closed. It always makes me smile because I know she is laughing hard; sometimes when she raises her head, there is a blush of red hue beneath her brown skin and a small tear full of joy streaming down her face; that's when I know she's enjoying herself tremendously. I looked at my phone with her picture as my screensaver; it's the picture we took together the first time we went out. It makes me happy and assures me that I miss her.

While I was at work, I decided to make a night of it and invited Jin and Mindi. They had been hinting around liking each other. She's pretty nice. She's really quiet, but she's really funny when she really opens up. She's a good fit for Jin, they have some kind of quirky little relationship. Both of them still haven't confessed yet, so it's still in the new stage. They enjoy being with each other, however both of them are shy when it comes to each other so they just need a little push. I figured Juniper could work on Mindi and I could work on Jin. I don't know anyone better who could help Mindi come out of her shell than Juniper.

We arrived at Juniper's apartment, as we pulled into the visitor's parking space in the garage, Jin and Mindi were talking.

"Isn't that restaurant near here?" Jin asked Mindi.

"Restaurant?" I asked.

"It's a restaurant Mindi and I enjoyed, it's not far from here, I think." Jin answered.

"Yep, it's not far from here at all. I thought this building looked familiar. I didn't know Juniper lived here." Mindi said.

"Yeah, she has a pretty nice place. I'm sure she will be happy to see you guys, she hasn't been able to hang out with us much so we are giving her a night out, without actually having to go out."

"I'm nervous." Mindi whispered. Jin looked over to her and reassured her.

"She's really nice, trust me. You'll see." Jin said, smiling at her. Mindi was very shy and she seemed as she doesn't trust people too much.

"Ok." She said, I noticed she didn't want to make eye contact with me. It made me wonder what she had been through. She was nice and soft spoken, but she loosens up when she's had a few drinks.

I knocked on Juniper's door excited to see her, finally after almost 3 weeks, that felt like a lifetime. I could hear her run to the door and open it up. She smiled so hard when she saw me, I opened my arms as she ran directly to me. I grabbed her so quickly, I didn't want to let her go. She wrapped her arms and legs around me; she enveloped me instantly. I missed her so much; she held my head close to hers and we were just in our moment, just the two of us.