The Upper Hand

Musical Suggestion: Bodies by Drowning Pool

Caleb

New Year's Eve is finally here. I'm about to have a ball here tonight. Samantha has been giving me some vibes that I wanna see where they may go. But I don't know, because she is still stuck on Min Jun. I'm gonna get a chance to be with Juniper tonight, she just doesn't know it. I'm gonna go along with Samantha's plan tonight, then I'm gonna bounce out of this place because I will need to hide my face for a while. I was planning about leaving after I went to Juniper's place, but Samantha begged me to stay and help her at this charity event. Plus she added a nice amount of cash to go along with it, so I saw no reason to finish the job we started. Juniper will be mad at me, but hopefully she will understand how much I love her. I really do, and I know I fucked up. She is that chick that a guy like me gotta keep around and have kids with. She's not like all these other tricks, who are out here for money and some dick, she's the real one that you build a life together.

Now thinking of Samantha, she's a woman with goals. Even though she's a bit psycho right now she just needs to let me hit just right, I'll make her forget all about him. She's curious, I could tell by the way she looks at me. She sees me naked when she looks at me, she just needs to give me the chance. As I was walking the hotel stairs, the door of a car parked out front opened, out popped Samantha looking good as fuck. She had her hair pulled up, showing her neck with a very delicate chain hanging low just between her perky twins. She wore a black body hugging floor length dress with teardrop earrings and a strappy pair of stilettos.

"Beautiful." I said as I approached her.

"Thank you, You look fucking good yourself." She said, stepping back to take a good look. I did my turn so she could see my entire outfit. It was a nice tux she had sent over for me to wear. I didn't have a reason to have a tux therefore if she wanted me to go, she needed to supply a brotha with one.

"Thank you baby." We entered the car and we were off to the event.

Samantha and I walked around the great hall the event was being held in, looking at silent auction items before we found our seats. We saw Juniper and Min Jun hanging with their friends, laughing and enjoying the festivities. It was Samantha's idea to try to get them separated for the New Year's Countdown. Normally, couples will kiss at the ring of the New Year, which could symbolize the new beginning. Samantha didn't want Min Jun to kiss Juniper for the New Year. The girl was insane, but I was just going along with the flow.

Min Jun

The event was in full swing as it ticked closer to midnight. Everyone was enjoying themselves, we were hanging out with the usual group. I was happy Juniper was able to see Se-ra because Taehyung invited her to the event. Juniper looked like a goddess. She had her hair in a low ponytail with her hair pulled back and a small part in the front. She looked so beautiful. She wore long dangle earrings and a winter white floor length dress, with the bracelet and ring I gave her to finish off her outfit. I had a nice black tux with the pants stopping just above my ankles. We looked as if we stepped out of a magazine. I wore my necklace proudly along with my ring. I held Juniper's hand almost the entire time, except when we would go to the restroom or if we needed a drink.

"This is amazing Min Jun. Thank you for bringing me."

"Of course. Anything for you." I said, tipping her head up, giving her a quick kiss.

"Ok you two." Jin said as he walked up with Mindi. She looked worried and a bit out of sorts.
"Are you feeling okay Mindi?" I asked. She looked like she was really nervous.

"Yeah, I just have a thing about being around a lot of people." She said, fanning herself.

"Are you sure?"