Heart on Display (Edited)

MinJun - 

I decided to give Juniper a few days to recoup. She had a long night, just to turn around and go to work the very next day. As much as I wanted to talk to her or see her, I decided to leave her be. She needed the rest and I wanted her to get as much as possible. I really didn't feel like going out to the bar, as last night was enough for me, but I wanted to keep myself busy to avoid calling Juniper. I decided to head over to the dance studio. One of my school friends owned a dance studio, called Jump Station, and he said I could stop by anytime I felt the urge to get anything off my chest. I didn't have anything to release off my chest, I just had a bit of anxiety I wanted to release to avoid me contacting Juniper.

When I walked in the door, he was there with a few other dancers, going through a routine. I watched as they danced fiercely to the music, hitting the beats in unison. They were in a groove and me along with the others in the studio were mesmerized by their dancing. Soon, I felt my body swaying a bit to the music as they were hitting their moves, I felt the passion they were giving in the routine. I hadn't danced in a few months, due to being a bit busy at work. However, I try to come over to the studio when I get a free moment. I would have gone a few days ago, but I had run into Juniper which in hindsight, I didn't mind it at all. Everyone clapped and cheered as they finished their routine because it was absolutely amazing.

Alex walked over to me after the routine and shook my hand. He was happy to see me, as I hadn't visited in a while.

"Min Jun! Good to see you!" He said giving me a 'bro' hug.

"Hey Alex, good to see you too. I see you're still going strong."

"Yeah, I gotta keep it going, you already know how it is. You come here to join us?" He said motioning to the floor.

"Yeah, I wanted to get a nice workout going. You know, it's still in me, it's not going anywhere." I said. I love to dance and even though I didn't make it with the group, dancing is still in me.

"Nice, come join us." He said walking back to the floor.

"Let me go change first." I said walking to the locker rooms. I changed quickly from my work clothes and into something more comfy; a pair of basketball shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt. I hadn't been here a while but it felt good to be back.

I walked back out to the floor and stretched a bit. I didn't want to hurt anything but I really wanted to get everything out of my body. I kept thinking about Juniper, but I didn't want to go too fast with her, she stayed on my mind. Alex smiled as I came to the floor and his girlfriend, Sara, came to give me a hug.

"Nice to see you." She said, "You ready to throw down?"

"Yeah, I'm ready." I responded. She smiled and then nodded towards Alex. Alex smiled and nodded. I was confused, trying to figure what they had going on and then the music started. Armani White, Billie Eilish started playing and it was on. The music flowed through my body as I moved with the music. Each beat played within my bones as I moved flawlessly with the music. Then the music changed to Unholy with Sam Smith feat. Kim Petras. The next thing I knew I was right back in the studio with the other guys, just dancing my ass off for a space in the idol group. I danced so hard, I totally zoned out and paid no attention to the other dancers; I needed this.

The music would put me in a trance to which I would release myself. To The Moon came on and I closed my eyes and I was in another place. I was expressing my feelings, getting it all out. I wanted Juniper to see me dance, I knew she would love to see me dance. The more I thought about her, the harder I danced. I had the music move me to the point, the trance had me entirely. When the song finally finished, I was covered in sweat and everyone was clapping. I didn't realize how hard I was dancing and didn't know that Alex and Sara had left the floor. It was all me, alone on the floor expressing myself in a way I hadn't in a while.