12. Voices Part 02

(Top image is not mine. Bottom image, however, is mine)

Warnings: This chapters contains mild language and violence. Please be advised. Thank you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sonic's Subconscious: 10:29 p.m.

Green eyes narrow as they see spiraling red eyes watch his every move. "Why am I here, Fle-" He closes his eyes and shakes his head, refusing to say the other's name.

"Aww, you stopped short, Sonic. C'mon," the golden hedgehog levitates in the air and slowly floats behind his other self, placing both hands on either shoulder. "-say my name."

Sonic grabs one of the hands and throws it off his shoulder before he takes a big step forward, forcing the other hand off him. Turning around, he sees the golden hedgehog sitting in the air with a leg crossed over the other. "I'll pass."

"Aww," Fleetway pouts as he straightens himself out and leisurely flies towards the blue one, circling him. He sees Sonic keep an eye on him with every turn he makes, causing a smile to go on his face. "-don't be like that." He flies on the left side of the hero, watching the blue body turn. "Don't you trust me?"

"No." Sonic turns his head to the left, making sure he doesn't lose sight of Fleetway. He found out whenever he loses sight of the maniac, something always goes wrong, like when he had a surprise attack happen and he was beat to a bloody pulp. Or when Fleetway decided to play mind games on him, almost making Sonic go insane himself.

Fleetway runs a torn glove across the blue shoulders, only for the hero to turn around and smack his hand away from him. "Aw, why not?"

Green eyes continue to watch the other while noticing a mischievous look grow in the spiraling eyes, making him feel uncomfortable. "Oh, I think we both know why, but more importantly,"

"Hmm?" Fleetway hovers backwards and lays on his stomach in the air while placing his chin in his hands.

Sonic balls his fists as a scowl makes its way on his face. "Why is the seal broken? You're supposed to be locked away."

Fleetway smiles wide, showing his sharp teeth as he looks absolutely delighted about the question. He sits himself up and claps his hands together. "I'm glad you asked."

Sonic almost wants to take a step back at seeing how happy the other looks. It's never a good thing to see him so happy but it could be worse. It's always worse when Fleetway is enraged to the point that its nearly impossible to calm him down.

"You do remember how I'm able to come out, don'cha?"

"Yeah, when I'm pissed off."

"Mhm," Fleetway slowly starts hovering over towards the hero. "-or~"

Sonic cocks an eyebrow up. "Or when I'm stres-" His eyes widen in realization. Everything that's been going on lately. This entire situation he's in practically gave Fleetway a key to exit his imprisonment.

"Bingo." Fleetway makes it to his host and slightly tilts his head to the side. "Ya'know, people say stress is one of the top killers around," he leans his face closer to the scowling hero and his grin widens, "-and I can't kill if you're not stressed."

Sonic just rolls his eyes and pushes the golden face away from his, getting a chuckle in return. "Oh, ha ha, very funny."

Fleetway leans back and closes his eyes, the same smile adorning his face. "I am funny, aren't I?"