prologue

HER

she sat still on the ground; begging for tears not to pour from her eyes. her thoughts were running wild as neteyam sat closely to her and she could feel his skin gently rubbing up against her after each breath. she was dying for him to say something. she kept her eyes peeled to the ocean in front of her, she didn't want him to see the pain that was held in her eyes because she knew he would try and take everything he had just said and throw it into the ocean and act like he never said it; just to make her happy.

she sniffled with a chuckle and rolled her eyes; thinking about how stupid it was that she couldn't even rub her tears away that were slowly beginning to fall because of her oxygen mask. neteyam heard her sniffle and his eyes slowly looked over to her. he wanted to hug her and tell her that he wanted to try but in his mind he knew he couldn't.

he couldn't even kiss her properly and if he wanted to he would have to take off her mask and hope that she can hold her breath long enough to be able to even enjoy the presence of his lips. he just sighed; analyzing the tears he saw rolling down her cheek. he wanted to try, he wanted her more than anything. but he couldn't, because she had a human heart and he didn't.

and when two opposites attract, love is too hard to fathom.

-

"and with my human heart, I see you."

-

SONGS

GLIDED LILY-CULTS

SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW-KEANE

MY TEARS RICOCHET- TAYLOR SWIFT

FIX YOU-COLDPLAY

ROMANTIC HOMICIDE-D4VD

SWEET-CIGARETTES AFTER SEX

IRIS-THE GOO GOO DOLLS

TV-BILLIE EILISH

MIND OVER MATTER-YOUNG THE GIANT

&

SUMMERTIME SADNESS- LANA DEL REY

-

authors note:

new year, new obsession. Avatar: The Way Of Water. I have so many ideas for this story and I'm so happy to see where this goes.

VOTE AND COMMENT!