fifteen

HER

terrified - was an understatement. neteyam didn't know how to feel. the love of his life laid still on the hut floor. cold as ice. she couldn't have been dead, she was still breathing. she'd only been passed out for five minutes and to him that wasn't long enough to die. he had already threw her spare mask on her face hoping she would breathe the fresh air of it but she hadn't yet.

she laid still. kiri, lo'ak, tuk and him sat around her as she didn't move a muscle. he cried for her, his heart was broken into a million pieces. he was thinking how bad he wanted to drive a dagger so deep into aonungs chest it would come out of his back. "her pulse is still beating, she is just very weak," ronal informed them. she had been there doing what she could to save s'mores life. with small breathing techniques against her chest and stomach in hopes that eywa would give her the power to get her to wake again.

while ronal didn't like the girl, giving she was born of the sky people. she did notice how attached her daughter had gotten to her and she'd hate to see her daughters reaction if something bad were to happen to smore. so she did her best to help. and a couple feet away from them were jake, neytiri, and tonowari. arguing about what they should do about his son; aonung. "your son could have killed her!" jake was stern with his words. he knew how much she meant to neteyam. "something serious needs to be done about this,"

tonowari nodded; not knowing what to say. "you know what- neteyam, lo'ak get here," he pointed to the spot next to him and they listened. jake pinched the bridge of his nose. "my sons will apologize to your son," lo'aks eyes shot open. "but dad- they were picking on kiri too," he couldn't believe they had to apologize in the first place. "it is decided, you guys already fought with them. i would say you guys are even," jake corrected him. tonowari just looked at them not knowing what to say still. "even?! aonung could have killed smore, i don't call that even," neteyam butted in. how could his dad be so oblivious right now?

"it is decided. go!" he ushered for lo'ak to go apologize. he rolled his eyes and followed tonowari outside the hut. neteyam was so mad he could have punched his own father. how dare he say to apologize. before neteyam walked out of the hut, jake grabbed ahold of his shoulder turning him to face his direction. "how did aonung and his friends look?" neteyam felt a smirk come across his face. "worse," he was still mad but now he knew his father was only doing this so there was no bad blood between the two families. "a lot worse," jake smiled at his words. "good. now get out of here," neteyam laughed and caught his way up to lo'ak and tonowari.

"ma jake, you know they did not need to apologize," neytiri murmured. jake sighed. "i know, it's just-" he didn't know what to say. "i can't risk it here," he turned to look at smore; her body still laying still. "i know..." neytiri rubbed his shoulders calmly as they observed kiri holding onto s'mores hand in hopes she would wake up.

like a miracle from eywa, kiri felt s'mores hand tighten around hers. her eyes fluttered open trying to take in her surroundings. "my- my head," she murmured. kiri just smiled and pulled her into a hug. "oh thank you great mother," she cried. happy that smore was awake. she'd never admit it but kiri had grown attached to her, as if they were sisters. so the fact that she was awake was the biggest blessing kiri could have ever gotten.

"smore, you're awake!" tuk kissed her forehead. smore just smiled at her gesture. "where's neteyam?" she huffily sat up. looking around the room for her lover. kiri looked down, she knew smore would be upset that they had to go apologize to someone who didn't deserve it. "him and lo'ak had to go apologize to aonung," what kiri said almost made the hairs on s'mores neck stand up straight.

she turned to look at jake. his ears were down in defeat. "why did you make them apologize?" her eyes were in a sadden state. she couldn't believe this. how could he make them apologize to aonung after he almost killed her. it wasn't fair. she understood that this was their new home but was it really worth being almost killed? "you do know that aonung will not care, he will do something spiteful in return of the apology," jake just sighed.

"i'm sorry," was all he could say. he knew what he had done was wrong but what else could he have done. with the look of betrayal s'mores eyes finally saw a defeated looking neteyam. he made his way quickly back into the hut; kneeling down and kissing the top of s'mores forehead. "oh ma cookie," he coo'd, he was breathless. so relieved to finally have her awake. he had parted ways with lo'ak on the way back. he didn't know where he'd went off too but he didn't really care. all he cared about was how smore was awake right here in his face.

he pulled her into a tight hug. making sure he took all her body in just in case he might never get to again. "you need a bath," he teased, pulling away from her slowly. she furrowed her eyebrows at him. "you're mean," tuk huffed; feeling left out. "teyaaaam, me and kiri were here first," she pushed neteyam away from her. "you cannot just hog her up!" tuk gave him the side eye. which in tuks case was more deadly than anything. neteyam put his hands up in defense, slowly backing away. he was surprised that tuk was being like this. either she was sleepy or very hungry so neteyam knew not to say anything in a chance that it might tip her over the edge. "smart choice," kiri snickered, obviously taking her side.

smore laughed along with kiri, finding it quite funny how tuk was acting. and following into the night tuk, smore, and kiri fell asleep next to one another while neteyam was left out.

a/n

i hope everyone is understanding where i'm going with this book .. i feel like it doesn't make sense but like it makes sense to me.. ya know?

vote and comment