alternative ending?

this is going to be more like what i was going to write not like the story , ya know?

but i was going to have s'more stay human and neteyam was supposed to still die. s'more wouldn't have been able to live without him , so i was going to have her take her oxygen mask off and allow herself to suffocate into the water .. i know it sounds bad but i wanted the book to be sad , but i couldn't bring myself to do it.

she was never supposed to have an avatar body, noxta wasn't supposed to exist. i kinda just went along with the story as it went, and that's why things ended up changing . also because i was scared if i ended it with both s'more and neteyam dying i would have gotten a lot of hate 😭

but i grew attached to neteyam and s'more so i just couldn't do that to myself, or you guys. but i do think it would have made a heart wrenching story.

like for instance.

S'mores pov

i couldn't live without neteyam. my life only consisted of him. i hadn't even gotten the chance to have him yet. i never even got to feel his lips for the last time because of my oxygen mask. it killed me, not to mention i couldn't even visit him at the spirit tree because i was not na'vi. i mean i had my brother but at what cost?

i felt my heart tear into pieces. i wanted to die. my feet were submerged under the cold ocean water as the sun began to rise. i couldn't live without neteyam, i had to be with him. i could feel the tears coming down my face as i tried to picture my future without him, only to be left with nothing. i walked further into the water under it reached my knees. i knew leaving my brother behind would break his heart. but neteyam was my world, and he was gone now. there was nothing to live for.

so, i fully submerged myself into the water; taking off my oxygen mask in the process as i watched it float to the bottom of the sea. i knew there was no going back now. so i finally let myself relax - my heart rate slowed down and i could feel my body going limp.

until, i eventually stopped breathing.

end. yes, that was going to be the end. i was going to end it like that !

let me know if that would have tore y'all up.

but i do appreciate all the reads and love , i still love how i changed the book around but i did want to go this route first.

i love you all and thank y'all so much for 165k reads !!!! ahahaaaaa 💗