seventeen

NETEYAM

smore had been following slowly behind me. we were currently following tsireya, aonung, and one of his closest friend rotxo into the ocean. they had insisted we learn more breathing techniques. lo'ak, kiri and tuk followed along also. i could feel smore brush up against me ever so often, but something just felt off about her.

waking her up this morning must have put her in a bad mood. i didn't mean to snap her out of her dream but everyone had already gotten up and left to meet at the ilu dock. lo'ak followed closely to the other side of me. pointing upward to indicate he needed to take a breath. so i grabbed onto s'mores hand and brought her up to the surface. "how do they hold their breath for that long," lo'ak groaned after he popped his head up from the water.

"they are too fast," tuk complained. wiping water from her eyes. i agreed. this was the only time i had wished i could have one of s'mores oxygen masks, she didn't need to hold her breath. she had a reliable air source where ever she went. i sighed and peeked my head into the water to see where tsireya and her brother were at. she signed something to me but i just shrugged my shoulders not knowing what she was saying.

"they are like talking with their fingers," i looked at lo'ak after i popped my head back up. a smirk made it's way on his face, i could already read his mind. he was definitely day dreaming about tsireya being about to "talk" with her fingers. "you have a dirty mind, lo'ak," i snickered.

he smacked my shoulder. "piss off," tuk gasped at his language. "lo'ak! i will tell mom!" this made smore finally let out a tiny laugh. it made my heart happy at the sound of her voice. she had been so quiet ever since this morning. she seemed frustrated. she was constantly fixing her clothes or twisting her hair in her fingers. she was in her own world.

tsireyas head popped up from the water along with her brother and his friend. aonung snickered at us. "you are not good divers, maybe you're good at swinging through trees-", tsireya smacked the back of his head to get him to shut up. "aonung." she warned. and i just sighed, why was he such a bully? "come on bro," lo'ak has tried to reason with him after our fight, and the incident he pulled with smore. but it has seemed aonung did not care about any of it.

"we don't understand this-this finger talk, i don't know what you're saying," i lifted my hands out of the water to show her what i was talking about. tsireya sighed. "i will teach you," she noticed smores out of body character. "are you okay, smore?" her eyes softened around her. they really were the definition of best friends. i had a feeling tsireya loved her more than she loved herself. although, she never thought her best friend would be a human. she probably thanked eywa for such a unique choice in a friendship.

"i am okay, i am just out of it today-an off day..." smore spoke up. she hadn't looked me in the face all day, she had just kept her focus to what was in front of her and i began to worry that i was the problem. tsireya gave her a warm smile. "you are my girl, i care about you," she coo'd. smore smiled. i loved the way tsireya was so gentle with her. she had cared for her as if she was the same blood as us. and i loved it. never letting her feel left out.

"where's kiri?" rotxo butted in. my heart dropped as i hadn't even realized kiri wondered off. "who?" aonung snickered once again. i was waiting for the day i would be able to kick is ass again. and when that day would come i wouldn't be able to hold back. "kiri." rotxo tried to ring a bell. lo'ak rolled his eyes. "our sister?" he pointed to himself, tuk, then me.

tuk stuck her head under the water to look for her. "she is playing with the fish!" tuk excitedly yelped; popping her head back up once she laid her eyes on her. i could suddenly feel s'mores gaze burning on me. i turned to look at her - her gaze softening. the rest of the group parted ways in front of us. but s'mores eyes still lingered on mine.

"i see you," she muttered. a smile grew onto my lips. her small hand reached up to my lips calmly tracing over my bottom one. "i see you," i said back. i wanted to know what had gotten into her. why she had gotten so touchy in such a short amount of time. she wrapped her legs around my waist, her arms wrapping around my neck. "what's gotten into you?" i chuckled. she sighed before ignoring my question and grinding her hips against mine.

i sucked in a breath. why was she teasing me like this. "neteyam-" she started to say. i wanted her to just tell me what had happened. she had never acted like this before. "i had a dream about you last night, and-" she shifted her body closer to me. i hadn't even know she could get any closer. my heart was beating out of my chest, my erection was growing at a rapid pace. i wanted her so bad. "-and we did stuff," she made sure to emphasize on the word 'stuff' indicating why she was acting like this all day.

she had been sexually frustrated. that's why she was avoiding eye contact with me, in hopes she would have the power not to jump onto me. but as soon as the group left she had taken the initiative to ignore her thoughts and jump onto me anyway. "i-" i was shushed by her. "i want you... tonight." she let her grip of me go and immediately dove back into the water before letting me get a chance to answer.

she was serious. she demanded. tonight. and i was to obey.

a/n

okay there will be real smut soon. so if i don't like smut once again... skip ⏭️ any way. i appreciate all the love this book has gotten, it means so much to me!!

vote and comment