Chapter 6

•Miriam's POV •

Every since we heard the news and I learned the circumstances of how Regan's father was not only murdered but robbed in his home in front of his mistress in which police suspected gave entrance to his home and worse she's been missing for days now . Disappeared without a trance and Regan fought with him not too long before he died and the guilt of not making it up with him before he passed is eating him alive. Martina has tried cheering him up and it didn't work . I also tried and he has talk to me a little but he would just go back to shutting us out in the end. I heard him crying in his room one night and my first thought was to comfort him but I guess he would need that time to grieve on his own. He tries to still be present for his meetings often not paying keen attention and would space out ever so often.

We would often fly out on his private jet on business , i n which I had tried my best in being present and supportive of him. Unfortunately almost at every turn people would not fail to compliment how good we looked together and in those moments he would not try to correct them and he seemed happy so I let it go on.

His clients and business friends would show understanding but I knew he hated the pity. Mr Enric Rogers was his father's closest friend and he kept in touch with Regan. The first time I was introduced to him he was very polite and jovial compared to some of the other men his age. His wife was lively and she had a good sense of humor but over all nice people.

Currently he was in his room playing grand theft auto. I stood at the door watching him intensely. A tear slipped down his cheek but he swiftly wiped it away and turned his head in my direction. I froze not expecting him to notice me ." Can't get enough of me can you " he said with a forced smirk and I shook my head at his sad attempt . I walked inside his room closing the door behind me. I threw the controls from his hand and his eyes widen. I took up a pillow and jump on him pushing the cushion on his face . At first he didn't move still in shock that I initiated playing. He removed the pillow from his face and looked at me like I came from another planet. A smile slowly crept up on his lips and I sighed in relief. He pulled me towards him and in the speed of light i was off his lap throwing pillows at him. "Don't run away now you started this miri "he yelled yeeting a huge white teddy bear my way and something on it caught in my eye . He paused and walked over to me placing his hand on my shoulder. "What's in your eye ?" he asked. A menacing smirk appeared in my face as I tackled him to the floor. "You cheat "he laughed as I tickled him . The rest of our play he tried holding and keeping me still but I stealthily avoided it  especially because he had no shirt on which made me highly uncomfortable but I pushed those feelings aside to make him laugh.

My fingers were scratching my scalp in frustration and I groaned closing my notebook. Regan laughed at my misery  holding his chest. "How adorable you are Miriam you need any help ?"he asked. "I'm 6'4 there's nothing cute about me and yes Regan why else did you think I called you here for " I said . "Oh I don't know. Maybe to confess your undying love for me " he said then grinned at me. A few seconds passed by where I would only blink at him. "What did you need help with ?"he asked . "This one I keep making mistakes and I hate it " I told him pointing at the troublesome problem. "Miri your going to have to fail a lot of times before you get better so if your afraid of failing forget about being my partner and running the company with me" he said in seriousness and I held my head down feeling a bit ashamed. I am a mistake so that's why I can't afford to be making mistakes at all I have to do better for myself and for him."Hey, don't think too hard on it alright I'll be here every step of the way just work hard and remember fail now so you can learn to be successful later "he said . "Thank you Regan for everything." I said genuinely. "Ah it's not big deal miri but if you want to show me how thankful you are ....how about a kiss on the cheek" he suggested . My eyes widened looking at him as if he was loosing his mind. "Are you serious right now ?" I asked . "Yes come on .You want to thank me right ,this is the way "he said pointing at his cheek . I gulped and started moving my head towards his. My face contorted into a thousand different expressions along the way . I finally just went all in and made it quick .He smiled from ear to ear. "And you really kissed me? " he questioned wiggling his brows. "I will knock you out " I said with a frown and took up my notebook into my lap. "Your expressions are cute "he mumbled getting up and stretching. Sizzling noises came from the kitchen with the most mouth watering smell. Regan's stomach growled and he ran to the kitchen complimenting Martina's cooking. I'm glad I could make him a little of his usual self.