Chapter 53

Narrator's POV•

The room was silent for a moment. Atlas took his time leaning up while trying not wince in pain. Miriam didn't shy away from the small smile that etched on her lips.

"He actually keeps promises?. I didn't know he had such morals " Ruelle remarked under breath making Atlas glare at her with flared nostrils.

"Will you shut her up. I honestly don't want another Erris around" he snapped.

"I'm afraid that isn't your choice to make and don't compare her with mother" his daughter said as Ruelle patted my back.

"Now if you don't mind, I would like you to start so I can get out of your presence. I'm sure you hate seeing me as much I hate seeing you" Miriam said in a bored tone.

He sat there glancing between his daughter and Ruelle with narrowed eyes as if in deep thought before letting his lips stretch into a grin.

"I strongly agree so I'll begin"

Around 2 centuries ago

Through exaggerated sighs she pulled off the heavy, multilayered and impenetrable armour off her body. With a thud she laid out on the ground with a mischievous grin.

"Another day of rampage?" a voice questioned catching her off guard. Frighten, she was up on her feet.

"How did you get in here, you shouldn't have been able to break through such a spell" she pointed at him.

"You know I'm better than you in everything, especially with magic so why be so surprised" he bragged leaning off the walls of the dark and hollow cavern.

"Stop acting all smug and cocky Al waheeb we both know how much of a coward you really are and not to mention a stalker." she scowled.

He just chuckled but ceased once he saw just how unamused she looked.

"What do you want?" she asked fixing the worn out skirt around her waist.

"Can't I check up on my friend?"

"I told you to stay away" she walked out the entrance and stopped to the side before lifting her skirt to pee.

"You really have no shame" he grimaced, turning his head to the other side after knowingly following her outside.

"And yet you keep following me like some some lost puppy. Go be with your family or something " she grumbled shaking her rod dry before pulling her skirt back down.

"So your just going to push me away for the millionth time?.  I told you I'm never leaving you" he followed her as she walked inside and sat on a rock.

"I don't want you Al waheeb. When will you ever get that" she looked into his eyes.

He matched her gaze but his eyes were filled with pity, fists balled up at his side. "Your afraid"

She let out an amused laughter. "Why would I be afraid, enlighten me?"

Leaning her elbows to her knees the woman gave him her undivided attention.

"You're afraid to open up to me or anyone else. You're scared of actually meeting someone who would love you and take care of you"

"Get out Al waheeb. I mean it!" she shouted standing up---using her height and body mass for intimidation.

"You're afraid because you know I love you, I always did. I always went along with your stupid risky ideas of adventure and even lied for you" he said standing his ground and not moving an inch.