Chapter 44

N.B : things will be really fast paced for a while. So bear that in mind.

~~4 Months passed

Ruelle's POV •

My eyes blinked profusely as I tried to find the words to say.

"I was about to tell you just that a while ago...but you got the call" I answered pinching her cheeks.

"Hmm" I could practically taste her disbelief in the air.

"I'm serious, that was what I was going to tell you" I said and she nodded looking at my forehead before her gaze fixated on my eyes.

"Are you happy?" she asked and I bit my lip, my breathing started to get uneven.

I didn't expect that question.

"I love you" I said with a genuine smile tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

"As do I, but you haven't answered my question yet"

Her words were soft like silk but I couldn't help but feel uneasy by the question.

She seemed busy sniffing me neck all while giving it gentle kisses.

"How do you expect me to focus at all while your teasing me like this" I forced a smile while pulling her head away by holding the back off her neck.

"Are you happy?" she reiterated.

A concerned look crossed her sharp features.

"I-I'm scared honestly. I mean look at me. I'm tiny. How will this hole...

I used my fingers for extra effect to demonstrate how tiny my vagina is.

"..push out three big headed children"
I said rubbing my belly with a huge sigh.

"You took me didn't you, so you'll be just fine" she said putting the rings back on her fingers.

"That isn't the same thing!" I shouted my cheeks flushed pink from embarrassment as she chuckled.

"But on a serious note I promise I'll try my best that all four of you make it out alive." she promised and I pulled her by the tie and kissed her lips but before I could deepen it she pulled away and I guess one of our little one's weren't too happy about that and kicked the hell out of me.

I gasped and placed a hand over my belly.

I swear, how the hell one of my ribs haven't broken yet is a miracle.

"I want you to be there while I'm in labour" I said all in one breath and one of her brow raised.

"Are you sure you want that?" she asked and I nodded placing her hand on my belly and she rubbed it making me feel light as a feather I could sleep right in her lap for hours.

My peaceful euphoria was ruined by several more kicks so I pushed her hand off me like I was struck with lighting.

"I'm sorry" she apologized genuinely and I shook my head with a forced smile while holding her hand and placed it on my cheek.

"I think I'll head home now and stop distracting my boss woman from her work. I'll see you later beautiful" I said giving her a big kiss before 'seductively' swaying my hips despite how ugly I've been feeling and turn to take a look to see her leaned back in the chair with a grin on her face. Tapping her ring clad
fingers against the desk and watching me intently.

"Why did you stop I was enjoying the show" she said then rubbed her lips stifling her laugh.

I placed my hand on my hips and rolled my eyes before walking out the door.
"I love you" she yelled and I couldn't help the smile that lingered on my lips .