Chapter 37

•Narrators POV•

Three grueling months passed with Martina experiencing her body changing profusely.

Her stomach was already the size of 9 months. She was strictly ordered to rest and stay in bed for a week straight.

Often times she needed help to go to the bathroom. The constant vomiting went away which was good cause it was important to keep the food down.

"When will this baby get out of me?" she asked holding her stomach as the baby moved around.

"I already told you next month" Chantria said putting some pills down for her to take. Martina groaned upon seeing them.

"Why do I have to take so many pills it's disgusting"
Martina whined throwing her head back.

"You need to be cautious. The baby is taking a serious toll on your body and you need to strengthen it. I'm your doctor so do as I say" chantria ordered pointing her way with a huff.

"I know but this just seems so unreal ya know, I can't believe I'll be a mother next month. It's scary but I wouldn't have it any other way" she said smiling down at her belly.

Chantria watched as her friend gushed over the unborn child.

Ruelle ran straight over to Martina giving her hug.

In a hurry she placed some cinnamon rolls down before it could crash to the ground.

"My daily supplier, my bestie" Martina cooed, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Hello I'm right here" Chantria said pouting and they laughed but waved her over to join the hug.

~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~~*~~~~~

"Looks like you have to pull out the ultimate wild card" Chantria said rubbing her hands together with a sinister grin.

"I doubt anything else would work with her, she's as stubborn as a mule" Ruelle said leaning on her hand with a frown.

Mrs Glisstone vacation extended and while the job was difficult she was steadfast in not disappointing the older woman.

She made mistakes which she owned up to so things didn't turn sour for too long.

Miriam was going to surprise her yet again but Ruelle was curious what it would be about.

For a while she was forbidden from going around the back section of the mansion, hating that Miriam was adamant in keeping it hidden even till now.

Miriam was still acting off whenever
Chantria was over. It didn't score any brownie points with ruelle. She was definitely keeping something from her again...

"Remember the gift I gave you a long time ago" she said. Ruelle leaned in closer, paying keen attention to her friend.

"Now it's time. Just spray some on and you should be good" she said.

"A body mist is my solution?" she said in a monotonous voice, giving her friend a nonchalant expression at the absurd idea.

"Trust me" Chantria said making her eyes roll in disbelief.

"That's what you said the first time".

"Just do it, girl" she demanded holding unto her shoulders.

~~~*~~~*~~~~

"You ready?" Miriam asked covering her eyes.

Biting her bottom lip in nerves, she swallowed tightly.

Not long after Ruelle nodded in confirmation.